Kessil

MARS is sponsoring Frag Swap Newbies

Anyone here not able to make the MARS frag swap because you don't have the required 3 frags that enable you to swap?

When I first joined MARS I had a new tank that had hardly any coral. I found that MARS was having a frag swap in a couple of months. I didn't know what a frag was let alone a frag swap.

A MARS member (edsimmons) offered to give me the 3 frags needed to swap. I thought this was cool since I didn't even know the guy. I accepted his offer. I had a blast at the swap.

So it's in that same spirit that we're offering this;
http://forums.marineaquarist.org/index.php?tid=1763&title=Sponsoring_Frag_Swap_Newbies

We're now opening this offer up to other clubs.

It is great to see MARS formalize what many club members more than likely do on a one on one basis as new people to each club ask how they can participate. I would like to use this at our next swap as I sat out my first BAR swap too because I just did not know enough about what a swap even was.

Joel your posts are dead on how I was almost a year ago now trying to figure out all that was available and all that was needed of me by the local club scene. You just post it out there, while I sat back and tried to figure it out. Thanks for helping clear the way for others coming into BAR. I like the way you are able to get it out there.

WOW! You folks are thinking way outside the "Deli Container...,"

This happened to me a few days ago at a BARS Swap. I didn't have any frags to swap and can't even begin to discribe how out of place I was. "I felt weirder than an Alien Eye Chalice." Although there was one bright side, I met a person from the MARS group that day (can't recall her name now) who is one of the folks putting the MARS Sept Swap Meet together, and she was Soooo nice. She did not mind me sitting down next to her and asking questions intermittently, even while she was focusling closely on the count down board and trying to gather some good ideas or best practices from the BARS Meet.

I have to take my shoulder high waterproof gloves off to MARS for the their sincerity and fellowship and again for thinking outside the deli container (I like saying that).

I wasn't sure if I was going to want to go to Sac to see the MARS Swap, after feeling so bummed out (even though I have my brother and sisters in law living in Citrus Valley Sacramento and could pay them a visit, which the Nice MARS lady was encouraging me to do) because of the long drive and still no frags yet to swap,... I digress (I do that sometimes- okay a lot): But after reading Joes210 post, I can hardly wait to gas up my Kawasaki Voyager (space mobile) and make a beeline (in warp speed mode) there, especially since you folks make me feel welcomed on earth as it is in MARS. My calendar is open for the 12th, so please send me a link to pay the $12 entrance fee, and please let me know if and how I can participate in the 3 frag New Guy intro package too. I'd like to meet and participate with you folks.

Thanks for posting and letting this New Guy (but not so new to reefing) get in on some fun and fellowship.

"You're out of this world," but I'm sure you hear this all the time....

That's me in the picture - the Alien

Please keep me posted and check out Joel's Tank Journal link.
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8161

Happy reefing, can't' wait to meet more people from MARS (Hoping I didn't wear the play on words out too badly).

Sincerely,
Joel
Reef Keeper

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_6101.JPG

Pleasure to hear that.

I was nervous and did not want to irritate anyone regarding my last post ("like a bull in a china store?)

Dang: that evil smilie wont import into this (looks just like a bull), so I'll have to use the angry similie now. |(

:evil: Just figured it out how to fix it temporarily:
Doesn't it look lie a bull? Just say yes :bigsmile:

Whose in charge of the Similies anyway. I want to speak to whomever is in charge: I think this must be Greshams' Department. - Just kidding, or am I.... Yes: You know I am. Don't get me started. But, please fix the similes. I figured out how to fix a couple of them, like the "shy" looks like "embarrassed" smilie (I think I'm going to need to use that one before this post is finished). Wait for it: Here it comes :shy: Aahhh. That feels sooo much better now.

All "kidding" aside:

But what I neglected to state, in my previous post, was that the air on the boards and at the Swap Meet was a buzz with so much going on that it wasn't anyones' fault but my own> I didn't put my self out there early enough or introduced myself to enough folks at and prior to the event (I tried: You were busy with raffle tickets, (but we talked) and for that and the others I spoke with it's only fair for me to say "it wasn't as bad my previous post conveys. The written word leaves room for so much (mis) interpretation.

I feel your support and the club's support too: I just wanted to let MARs, AuntBeeZ (Barb), Kay and Joe know what a great idea this one is. No harm intended.

Thanks for following my posts and for your feedback Richard.

Sincerely,
Joel
Reef Keeper

"Check out my Journal Page too, if you haven't already"
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/8161

We've got a couple of new sponsors waiting to help out.

If you don't have the required frags that allow you to participate in swapping, don't hesitate to ask us to sponsor you.

Reef Keeper said:
Thanks again Joe. I'll have my fee paid up shortly. Much appreciated.
You're very welcome Joel.

Don't forget to bring your cooler (ice chest). You'll be going home with approximately 8,9,10 or more frags.
See you at the swap!

Back