Jestersix

MARS meeting John Coppolino - SPS and Angels

euod

Supporting Member
Anyone interested in going to the next MARS meeting?

Friday Evening -Jun 20th 7:00 PM
John Coppolino - SPS and Angels
Roundtable Pizza Folsom - Madison and Greenback

We were considering doing that, but the cost was still out of our budget. We're down on membership and without the ability to have raffles, money is tight this year.

The Aquarium Showroom's nickname for BAR comes back and bites it in the ahem :(

Broke *ahem* Reefers

There's other ways to raise money besides raffles and membership.

The Aquarium Showroom's nickname for BAR comes back and bites it in the ahem :(

Broke *ahem* Reefers

There's other ways to raise money besides raffles and membership.
It is not solely a money issue. The turnout by members to events recently has been very disappointing. It is hard to justify spending a ton of money on a speaker when only a handful or members show up. There seems to be a lack of interest from the membership lately.

It is not solely a money issue. The turnout by members to events recently has been very disappointing. It is hard to justify spending a ton of money on a speaker when only a handful or members show up. There seems to be a lack of interest from the membership lately.

Ehhh .. clubs have ups and downs. Still seems pretty good, and more than when I first joined,
which was only about 5 years ago.
Perhaps the room is too large? Smaller can be better. We used to have a pretty tiny room, but it was cozy.
Sure, not many showed up for the recent new-member drive, but realistically, that was not
expected to be all that interesting for old members. And a ton of corals were donated, which was a good sign.

Yeah, and if you would have come out again, I would have gotten the kitchen sink, too. So, how about it? Let's hit Mars!

Thanks for getting this posted guys/gals it should be a great talk, sucks that you guys couldn't swing it in the budget, i tried. We planned on bring him out either way, we are limiting our speakers to around 2-3 a year and this is one.

We are also getting a large frag pack from him, so we will have plenty on the raffle table!!!

Back