Kessil

MaxiJet Mod on a wavemaker, anyone have experience with this?

I recently swapped out powerheads in the 92 bow with two MJ1200 with the Free Flow MOD. It moves water well, I was wondering how they would hold up if placed on a wavemaker. I know the MJ1200 w/o the mod can withstand the abuse of the wavemaker.

Any thoughts on this??

I might be wrong, but I figure I'd throw it out there -if the MJ works on a wave timer one way, I don't see why it might not work going the other way. Just speculation on my part though :)

My mjmod always chattered when it started up for a bit. It can't be good for the shaft/stopper. The reason mj (stock) work fine on timers with constant on/off is that the props can spin in either direction with no loss of efficiency. The mods use a prop that needs to spin in a certain direction (either CW, or CCW I can't remember) to move water. I wouldn't do it, simply for the noise and the wear that will occur on the mod prop

Is the Free Flow modification synonomous with the Sure Flow mod?
What are the new impellers that come with these kits made of?

Hmm, good question. The mod that I have is the Algae Free Sure Flow mod sold by MD. But I think the basic premise for all the MJ mods are to put a prop on it thats somewhat akin to props used by airplanes etc. The blades are angled for proper air/water movement.

Interesting, my SureFlow mods don't chatter at all on startup. I have a pair of modded MJ1200s and they start up clean every time. I also have a pair of Koralia 3 and they do knock around for a second or two about half the time.

[quote author=doliver link=topic=6780.msg87739#msg87739 date=1236795863]
Interesting, my SureFlow mods don't chatter at all on startup. I have a pair of modded MJ1200s and they start up clean every time. I also have a pair of Koralia 3 and they do knock around for a second or two about half the time.
[/quote]

Your the odd one out of this one as most chatter :D

Some chatter some don't. Some develop chatter over time. I have been running a SureFlow on a MVT wave timer for over a year - sometimes it chatters, sometimes it doesn't.

I've used a dozen (Sureflo)in the last six months and all chatter on start up :(

they do chatter abit 50% of the time on startup. thanks for the reply. I'll be getting the wavemaker next week. we'll see how long the stoppers last on the sure flow.

thanks for your replies

[quote author=Sump_Penny link=topic=6780.msg88239#msg88239 date=1236970014]
they do chatter abit 50% of the time on startup. thanks for the reply. I'll be getting the wavemaker next week. we'll see how long the stoppers last on the sure flow.

thanks for your replies
[/quote]

You can try it first, I could let you borrow a Red Sea WM, you like it then buy one you don´t then no expense, jut get it back to me, PM me

[quote author=xcaret link=topic=6780.msg88310#msg88310 date=1236986098]
[quote author=Sump_Penny link=topic=6780.msg88239#msg88239 date=1236970014]

thanks for your replies
[/quote]

You can try it first, I could let you borrow a Red Sea WM, you like it then buy one you don´t then no expense, jut get it back to me, PM me
[/quote]

nice thanks!! PM sent

Back