Reef nutrition

Meteor Shower

Hi everyone !

Came home to find my frag of Meteor Shower dead, plain white skeleton left on the tile it was; was showing nice growth could something like that just happen overnight? I didn't even see dead tissue :(

Zoas are next to the frag tile, PPD and some other unknown
8.3/.4 PH
no nitrates nor phosphates
cal. 420+
mag. 1300+
dkh >8

the only things crawling up the frag rack are the snails
I habe a RBTA next to an orange acro and stings it but still see the tissue; the MS just died in a very sudden way.

Suasponte: I'll take your offer THANKS!
I just need to find a date and flight number to parachute down there.

I'd triple check on Mg, dKH, and s.g.

I've seen Meteor Shower do exactly that when those parameters were off.

Also, I've seen it where the tissue was gone, or barely attached, but the polyps were still inside the skeleton. And the coral came back after the water parameters were corrected.

Be careful though. If it does come back, the tissue is only very loosely attached for a couple months or so.

suasponte2/75 said:
Sorry... I had assumed you were local being on BAR ;). If you do find that pilot to let you HALO in... :p

Local enough, live in San Francisco and rarely venture south since I have no steady job and my schedule belongs to whoever hires me.
I'm glad you found a home for the tangs, at first since saw no posting or e-mail from Shelly assumed that it was not meant to be but hey wonderful news that she did get in touch with you.

I'll check for a flight but as soon as I get the 90G going and stable.

Thx

mine did the same thing recently but i think it was due to turning my vortech up. I moved it to the bottom and turned down the vortechs and it seems to be coming back. the white area are now filling in after two weeks.

Back