Jestersix

Mike's Phoenix Cap

Does anyone have pictures of this cap?

I have mine sitting on the bottom of a 24" tank under 250w 12k Reeflux and the color is just sick. I'll try to take a shot of it tonight.

Wow, my name stuck after all this time! *proud*

Mine never took off in a huge cap like way considering the amount of time I've had it, however a couple differently locatoins in different tanks and it has a gone in completely different directions as far as color. The main piece, which I almost lost to those damn nudibranchs! is a very very bright pink, almost to the point of looking bleached, however it's held this color for quite some time. The piece that was on a rock (I forgot about) in my softie tank, has more of a reddish-orange look to it, with a little bit of death from my RBTA tentacles. A accidentally fragged a piece not too long ago and stuck that piece back in my stony tank under 14k hams, and man it's a bloody red color, a color I hope keeps.

Groovy! Hopefully you can get a good picture, I'll see what I can do about resurrecting some pics from the old thread, the reason why I called it the Phoenix Cap, no need for a name change though, do I look like Atl.. er n/m :D

Well here's some "Pre" shots.

05-30-2006 - As you can see lots of damage to the cap, I'm unsure exactly what caused it though.
053006cn2.jpg

07-04-2006 - You can see the growth from the previous picture, unfortunately the algae is also being a rather large PITA, a little while later after this shot I put it in my outside frag tank (natural light) and algae attacked like a mother! At this point I decided to chop off the as much dead skeleton as I could. I forgot who got the pieces, Eileen was one, maybe Norman, I think this got put into DBTC.
070406ut7.jpg

07-12-2006 - This is the piece I kept for myself, there still is some algae, although today the cap out grew the algae and the shade seems to have drove it away!

20060712newcuttingxk2.jpg

I don't have a shot today, it got a little too much light under some reeflux 10k bulbs for the past 9months, now it's a bit of a bluer spectrum 14k hams, and we'll see if it goes back to red. Eileen can finish off with her shot of it :)

Damn, the pressure is on! :D[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2581.msg26770#msg26770 date=1194996416]
I want to see some pics. :D
[/quote]

Well, it helps if I didn't move it around so much. I actually left it where it had fallen and now it's quite happy. Caps don't seem to grow very quickly for me for some reason.

Back