Our mission

Misterious Zoo Disappearance

I have had two different zoo frag colonies that have now disappeared. I have not introduced anything new into my tank that would be the culprit. I have 2 clown's, 2 green chromis, 1 yellow tang, banded shrimp, and some hermit crabs. One of the frags was from the DBTC, purple hearted zoas, the others were a nice brick red and both were developing new polyps nicely. Who do you suspect might have done it?

did the plug went missing or they just melted?
one of my tangs likes the tank arranged certain way and if spots something new, just knocks it off; have to be careful when I introduce something new.
if you have snails, keep the frags where if dropped by them, you may easily reach.

The plugs are still there, but the zoos have been pulled off and nowhere to be seen. The only thing left on one of the plugs is the glue that was used when they were fragged. I'm assuming they are residing within the stomach of some happy sea creature.

I had that issue too, the zoas were probably not well glued and were blown by the water movement when they melt you notice it.

Yellow Tang for sure!

Sometimes, tangs would pick on Zoos if a little algae grows on the plug and they would pick them right off... And some even eat them! Especially if they were Green...

My Yellow picked on all sorts of Zoos, especially the Green ones... I lost 2 Candy Apple plugs. Also I was terrified when it showed interest in my PPE. The problem is PPE have a Green mouth! Little tiny Green speck!

My Tangs are Algae vacuum cleaners!

I'd second what people have said... it could have just floated away cause glue doesn't always hold polyps well depending how its glued down or you could have a fish that likes corals. I'd keep watch of my fish next time to see if they seem to nip at your corals and then glue things carefully when you get them.

Zoo is a place you visit to see Lions and Elephants folks...

Zoa and in zoanthid is what your talking about :lol:

Erick said:
"you're" if you want to be all high and mighty Gresh :p

High and mighty? Sorry for seeing a blindingly clear common mistake reefers make :lol:

You're/your ahk I interchange those so often... 3rd grade teacher would be pissed, but a common every day person could tell the difference. Zoa and zoo mean two different things though, totally different meanings and can't be interchanged. Zoathind is not pronounced "Zoo-an-thid", it's "Zoe-an-thid" ;)

And brain coral as well... but many of us are trying to leave the 80's lingo behind us :lol:

I really wasn't trying to nit pick.. if I was doing that I probably would have said something about "Misterious" :D Spelling isn't my thing either, but I do know how to spell Zoanthind :lol:

evil-monkey.png

Love Angry Monkey. Best one was when they moved to China town and there was a Chinese Angry Monkey :)

Damn!!! I spell checked disappearance but didn't check mysterious. :O

So when are we going to have spell check on this thing?! Or is it available and I just don't know about it?

I use Firefox so it's built it.... mistakes still make it through :(

Back