Our mission

Mobius

I’m interested too, whens the Radion Gen 4 mobius support coming? I can see that mine is möbius compatible when I’m configuring it with micro usb

Email newsletter I received June 15.

5C43C895-7C08-4DB2-B1CC-13E63F2EC96E.png

I assume "legacy devices" will require some hardware to allow you to connect to them otherwise why require the reeflink at all.

That said not sure why they couldnt just make the ecosmart live software less like absolute ass

I'm the opposite... i appreciate having a single web platform to work one all my configurations.

Went for long time with app based controls and drives me nuts.

Doesn't mean the ecotech live platform isn't a piece of @$$...though.

Ecotech has been shipping the wireless module chip with both RF and Bluetooth LE for the last year or two. For those that don’t have the dual capability, you just need to swap out the wireless module. I don’t know how far back the support will go though.

You can see if Mobius is supported or you device will support an upgrade in ecosmart live. (See text highlight in green)

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 11.26.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 11.26.14 AM.png

Last edited:
I'm the opposite... i appreciate having a single web platform to work one all my configurations.

Went for long time with app based controls and drives me nuts.

Doesn't mean the ecotech live platform isn't a piece of @$$...though.

I have been using their live platform for years. Annoying..yes. but it's kinda set and forget so who cares ha ha

For a one or two devices, EcoSmart live may be overkill, but have more than say 10 and you’ll hate other reefing platforms that control pumps and lights.

For a one or two devices, EcoSmart live may be overkill, but have more than say 10 and you’ll hate other reefing platforms that control pumps and lights.
I now use the native apps to control equipment and no longer want to group everything under the controller app. I saw multiple advantages this route.
Lights, pumps, powerheads..ect all i rather controller them using their native app..

I now use the native apps to control equipment and no longer want to group everything under the controller app. I saw multiple advantages this route.
Lights, pumps, powerheads..ect all i rather controller them using their native app..

Mobius isn't a good solution if you want to remotely control devices. Say for instance you're on vacation and your alk is increasing for some reason and you want to shut off your Versa pump to 2-part or your calcium reactor, you can't do it without being physically close to the Versa pump because Mobius is built on bluetooth LE. I don't know what the plan is, but I have been informed that they are working on a remote solution.

The reason you probably want to use the native app is because the design and UI of current multi-device/multi-function controller applications is subpar.

Mobius isn't a good solution if you want to remotely control devices. Say for instance you're on vacation and your alk is increasing for some reason and you want to shut off your Versa pump to 2-part or your calcium reactor, you can't do it without being physically close to the Versa pump because Mobius is built on bluetooth LE. I don't know what the plan is, but I have been informed that they are working on a remote solution.

The reason you probably want to use the native app is because the design and UI of current multi-device/multi-function controller applications is subpar.
U r correct.
Am not looking at mobius for remote access rather just trying to try it for setting.
My remote access I still get thru their live app and the wireless hub they have(forgot what is called:))

U r correct.
Am not looking at mobius for remote access rather just trying to try it for setting.
My remote access I still get thru their live app and the wireless hub they have(forgot what is called:))

Reeflink, but that doesn’t support Bluetooth LE as far as I know and Versa cannot be controlled with it.

Considering I am running 8-10+ radions at any given time, a platform to mass program is helpful.

Most can be set and forget but some systems i play with scheduling now and then based on different things i am trying out in my tank.

Considering I am running 8-10+ radions at any given time, a platform to mass program is helpful.

Most can be set and forget but some systems i play with scheduling now and then based on different things i am trying out in my tank.
Yes it is helpful. I mean design decision that requires you to contact their server just to program your lights, huge negative check for programming smarts. Their webbased server is fairly easy to work around and figure out, but their phone app is just blam... wtf is this? now I know you can do the same thing with the app, but the fact that I had to see a youtube video how to do it just left me sour. I found myself having difficulty just "trying out" a look that I like so I can see if that was in fact the color spectrum I wanted, and when I did have something I'm not sure why it didn't revert back to the actual programming. Either way, "ok boomer" moment there, but I still feel the programming interface could be a bit better.

Back