Cali Kid Corals

Monterey Bay Aquarium Jebao pumps

Attachments

• 20220520_121646.jpg
    20220520_121646.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 101
Ok, a few of us saw these pumps today at the aquarium today. Does anyone have experience running these? I am looking for quiet return pumps. The ac version Sicce scilent 3.0 is not doing the trick.

Hi again Matt! I mentioned it at the aquarium, but I have a DCP on my display and a DCW on a secondary tank. I didn't mention I also have a DCS on a third frag tank and a second DCW on a skimmer...

You can read all about the different models at http://www.jobern.com/2018/07/jebao-pump-guide/

I researched these and the jecod/jebaos (same things) have mixed reviews, but the gist I got from reading up on them is you'll likely either have it die pretty quick, or it'll work really well for a long time. They also are the base pump a lot of other people seem to be rebranding with other designs. I felt for the price point they're pretty hard to beat, especially if you have a setup with multiple pumps.

The models you buy are important though. That site above explains them, but since they're not a marketed up pump, there isn't a lot of manufacturer provided guidance (at least in English).

The sine wave pumps are the ones to get. They are super quiet. Almost silent. I had for real one of those "is this thing on" moments when I first got it, because I couldn't believe how quiet it was. Definitely was quieter than the eheim I replaced, and higher power. The non sine wave one I have has a whine noise.

The sine waves are the DCP and DCW. The DCP have a nicer controller, in that it has more control levels (something like 80 levels, 20%-100%). The DCW has only 10, but it's a smaller form factor.

I think there also is a wifi one, but I read the reviews were bad on the app I think. I believe it's sine wave.

I bought this one when upgrading my tank so I could move over livestock from old to new tank while both were running. I set the jaebo on the new tank a year ago and never switched it back out to my echo tech return. It’s been doing the job so I now have the ecotech as a backup.

1653163476078.jpeg

GO WITH THE MDP LINE (unless you cant fit it). Wifi + app, basically dead silent and if it doesnt fail in the first month it will probably run for a long time. I love mine!

Back