Neptune Aquatics

MP10 troubleshooting advice

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
I picked up a used MP10w yesterday, but I'm having an issue. I think the blue LED burned out on the controller, so I'm having a hard time confirming the mode it's in. The colors associated with the various modes listed in the guide are:

Green > Purple > Yellow > Blue > Pink

When cycling through modes, I get:

Green > Red > Yellow > Blank > Lighter red

Pretty sure it's just the blue LED's burned out, but is there a way to tell what mode an MP10 is in without a Reeflink?

This might sound dumb and may not work, but have you tried resetting it? Every time I've reached out to ecotech, which admittedly isn't all that much, they've suggested a factory reset.

This might sound dumb and may not work, but have you tried resetting it? Every time I've reached out to ecotech, which admittedly isn't all that much, they've suggested a factory reset.

Yeah; did both soft and hard resets and still the same issue. Pretty sure it's just the blue LED because the setting that should be reef crest (yellow) seems to be correct, and is the right color.

Related note: mp10s are awesome!

Blue is just constant flow. Do you see the flow indicators (white LEDs) moving or do they stay constant? And yes mp10s ARE awesome

Update, since I hate these types of posts that don't have resolution in the off chance someone sees this when searching:

I contacted customer support, and they confirmed what I suspected: since the knob went blank, and the purple was just red, the blue LED had likely just burned out. I messed around with the MP10 a bit last night, and confirmed that the yellow light was the setting I wanted (reef crest mode) by watching soft coral motion near the pump head.

I'm loving this thing so far, and the corals already seem to like it better (torch in particular had already seemed happy, but extended even further with the MP10).

Back