Cali Kid Corals

My clam keeps moving..

Should I put it in between the rocks? It keeps moving for some reasons. It was the reason why the seller wanted to sell it. He had it for over a year without any problem then all the sudden it started to move. I have to stand it up everyday..

i put a lil tiny tiny piece of the stick epoxy on its shell and stuck it to a rock, havent had an issue in awhile except when it grew and the broke the epoxy piece, so i put another piece on. but it culd be because too much light or not enough. so check that first.

ya, well. i did it. mine is a deresa clam, dont know how much that matters. another clam of mine i just kinda laid it against a rock so gravity would force it to stay upright

Phong, my clams started doing that a couple weeks before they started showing signs of pinched mantle disease. This happened after I added a couple new clams. Eventually every single one died, even with me doing freshwater dips.

[quote author=iani link=topic=6513.msg83577#msg83577 date=1235411785]
Phong, my clams started doing that a couple weeks before they started showing signs of pinched mantle disease. This happened after I added a couple new clams. Eventually every single one died, even with me doing freshwater dips.
[/quote]
ouch the suck man :(.. This one is on the move for a month or so. I will keep an eye on it for pinched mantle.

Hey Phong... a few years back when I use to keep a bunch of clams on the sand I would always put a flat rock under neith them just below the surface of the sand.... they usually would put a foot down to it and it helped them stay face up. Just a thought....

Make a little "fort" with rocks around it so it can't really move, but is free to put it's foot down and you aren't gluing it down.

I had little clams keep moving until they died from falling off rocks upside down over the weekend.

V

You could try taking some rubble and creating a "nest" for it to sit in. Most of my clams are on the sandbed - usually when I move them they always move themselves around until they find a position they like.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=6513.msg83651#msg83651 date=1235421475]
I super glue my crocea clam on flat rock too.
[/quote]

yay, im not the only one

Back