Cali Kid Corals

My first SPS, ever!

So I was at DC aquatic the other day picking up my sixline and I got a $5 nub of what he says is a Bali Green Slimer. I figure $5 and a tiny piece, I will give it a shot. It was sitting in his tank with about 10 others in similar size for a while so what the hay.

I guess my question is, he had the lighting pretty far back on one side, so it has an entire side that has receded and is bleach white. So, I have it in the highest spot in my pico with high/moderate flow. How should I position it? I was thinking directly under the light for maximum coverage on all sides or should I give the receded and bleached side heavier coverage or maybe more of a 1/4 turn to get some of the receded area and the normal area. Whats the best solution. Can post pics if needed, its 2am and the lights are off at the moment. Thanks!

Sounds like a crap shoot. Just put it someplace and cross your fingers. Don't move it around as corals rarely move around in nature :) . Bali green slimer is a hearty sps. It should be fine If your water is.

+1 on just plunking it down and hoping.
With that much tissue recession, do not get your hopes too high.
I would be tempted to mount it on its side, with the bad side down.

Had I known, I would have bought some sps down to you yesterday.
Oh, test your water for Alk, Mg, and Ca and I will set you up.

rygh said:
I would be tempted to mount it on its side, with the bad side down.

Maybe I will try that. At the current time, I still don't see any polyp extension :/

euod said:
Had I known, I would have bought some sps down to you yesterday.
Oh, test your water for Alk, Mg, and Ca and I will set you up.

Oh man, your too nice, I wouldn't want to ask for anything. I got test kits coming soon for those, I was thinking that more frequent water changed would supplement my elements till my kits arrive. I also have 2 part nano dose but not until I can measure them.

FeliciaLynn said:
I wish I had known you wanted a slimer. I usually have frags of my bali green slimer available and I sell them for cheap.

I wasn't really wanting it, but it was small and cheap and needed some TLC so I figured I would give it a shot :)

Don't worry, my slimer is in the same condition. It looks like it's slowing starting to heal its way around but maybe that's just wishful thinking. :)

Back