Cali Kid Corals

My New Baby

Besides the great pics the thing I'm most envious about is how there isn't nary a strand of hair algae, nor algae fuzz, unless you have 'invisible' algae, how do you keep them 100% algae free?

No Rouge milli just a bunch of random unnamed ones in the frag tank.

Bill, some of it is an optical illusion. Lots of those frags were cut only 3 or 4 days ago. The ones that weren't, you can clearly see valonia on. I do have a very small amount of algae but low nutrients, water changes, heavy skimming, turbo snails, fish, and Jeremy's new found love peroxide help keep it in check.

When I first read the post, I thought there was going to be pictures of an actual baby...but I guess a new frag tank is the next best thing.

Congrat's on the new addition Bryan. ;)

A few from today.

A nice little Goni Jess dropped by today

20101107-DSC_1014.jpg

A aussie frag (also from Jess) hopefully waiting to color up to become a stunner

20101107-DSC_1001.jpg

Lobo frag waiting to get shipped to our friend in the land of the Lobos

20101107-DSC_1015.jpg

a frag of some cool corals I picked up from Karson. Mother colonies are in my main tank.

First one... uncertain will post a pic up sometime soon of the bigger piece and get some guesses.

20101107-DSC_1007.jpg

Second one looks like a run of the mill blue tort but with green coralites. Thought it looked pretty sweet.

20101107-DSC_1005.jpg

Back