High Tide Aquatics

My new toy

Still in the van because I have no room in the garage :D .. I will try to bring it in very soon because I'm not sure it's ok to let it sit in the van too long.

33_19_03_07_1_23_08.JPG

One side of the overflow box cracked when we tried to remove the return pipe. I'm going to take out this OF box and use one only. The fun part will be building the stand for it.
33_19_03_07_1_23_31.JPG

wow! very cool, thats a really nice depth, though height of 30"? i'm having a hard time not going up to my armpit in water when reaching down to the bottom of my 24".. :)

otterpop510 - yeah 30" is very high for me. I'm a short asian dude. I guess I will go swimming everytime I clean the tank .. :eek: ;D

hehehe Chris, I want a big tank because I have no more room for my GSP and Kenya Tree ;D .. everything in a 100G tank will be moved into this.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1853.msg17618#msg17618 date=1174343866]
otterpop510 - yeah 30" is very high for me. I'm a short asian dude. I guess I will go swimming everytime I clean the tank .. :eek: ;D

hehehe Chris, I want a big tank because I have no more room for my GSP and Kenya Tree ;D .. everything in a 100G tank will be moved into this.
[/quote]
Hi
If you mind me asking ..How much did you you pay for it? I'm looking for a tank that size and dimension.
Hint.... ;D so look for me when it's time to upgrade ;D

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1853.msg17621#msg17621 date=1174345967]
Nash, check out this link
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1065902
[/quote]
WoW... That's a great price.....I found someone who would sale a 72x24x20 for around $700 but can't seem to get it to fit anywhere in the house. Also hard for my wife to belive it cost only $20 ;D
More pictures...... :)

It doesn't have a stand or canopy man. Those will cost quite a bit if I custom make it. Good thing is I can build them myself... :D

phong, i may have to come by and see how you build your stand. i'm going to build my stand and canopy as well and want to get as many opinions as possible.

Hopefully this year Eileen ;D ..

Gresham, maybe you should have someone do it for you :D . What kinda stand are you looking for?

Cits,
Take some pics of your stand and canopy. I try to get some ideas. ;D

It took me two and a half years to get my 120g just right.

I used half-lap joints and used pocket screws and glue to connect the 2x4

Took us 6 months to get our whole in-wall completed, and there's still a few little things I've been too lazy to finish. We built our stand out of 2x4s and 2x6s and used pocket screws and glue as well. Didn't have to skin it all the way around though, so that probably saved a lot of time and trouble.

I'm curious - has anyone heard of a homemade stand that has failed?

Back