My Picasso Is weird

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by REEFCARTEL, Feb 7, 2016.

1. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

So my picasso clown has been weird since the first day I got it about a month ago. It swims sideways at the surface poking his head out of the water sometimes like its gasping for air. I actually thought it was going to die but didnt. It only swims normal when its feeding time (eats A lot too). Then it returns back to swimming like its about to die. Thoughts?

2. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

3. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

4. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

What are you feeding?
    And farmed clowns do strange things. Your tank is probably the largest environment it has ever known.
    Does it look bloated?

5. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Im feeding Mysis, Bring shrimp and Selcon mix. All The fish love it including him.

6. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Yea he does kinda look bloated lol

7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I know in turtles if they have an infection they will float unevenly and not be able to stay submerged. I don't know about fish though.

8. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Well turtles have heavy shells so when they are sick they become weak and cannot support the weight of the shell.

9. Kensington Reefer

As long as it eats, it will,have time to learn to swim down.
    Good luck

10. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Thanks. I was starting to think, maybe I should pair it up with another clown for motivation lmao

11. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

You could try that.

Damn so 8 hours a day he floats near the surface like he's going to die, but when its dinner time he swims normal?

Maybe he's got some infection or something that makes swimming difficult.

At night time when the lights go out, my girlfriend's clownfish lay flat sideways against the wall, but during the day it swims around fine.

12. Kensington Reefer

Where did it come from...store or fellow reefer?
    It's possible that it has a bacterial infection that is causing it to float abnormally

13. REEFCARTEL

REEFCARTEL Guest

Hey guys so i was observing it this morning and hes now finally swimming towards the surface and more happy. I will send more vids later. :)