Our mission

Need an EcoTech Vectra M1 Controller and Power Supply ASAP pls

Anyone know where I can get a New or used controller and power cords for my M1 Vectra? EcoTech doesn't sell replacement controllers

Really could use help on this since pump is in great condition and never had a problem. It's just the controller and cables that plug in the bottom that have worn out and won't maintain solid contact.

PM or text me 949-two-nine-three-45-four-0

Thank you

Attachments

• Backside of M1 pump controller.jpg
    Backside of M1 pump controller.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 142
  • Cable going into M1 pump controller.jpg
    Cable going into M1 pump controller.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Frontside of M1 pump controller.jpg
    Frontside of M1 pump controller.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 114
  • M1 pump controller that loses connectivity to power.jpg
    M1 pump controller that loses connectivity to power.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 150
What is the failure mode? Ie, what broke? I do not know of a replacement here, but maybe we can come up with a fix? If the cable is falling out and not making connection, the fix could be as simple as copper foil wrapped around the contact to increase the diameter and get better electrical contact. In a pinch, aluminum foil on half of the plug would force the plug to the opposite side and get better contact as well.

Used option would be ebay or other.

Great idea. I'll try. The big concern is that the male end of the connecter seems to be a bit corroded and also has some slop (wiggles a bit). When I took everything apart I could see that at some point there was enough heat to damage some of the plastic underneath the cover. At times when I'm able to get the connection to stay, I do feel heat coming from the base of the cable where attached to controller.

Totally appreciate your idea and will head home in a few minutes to try it out but since there is heat I'm concerned that I might make things worse (and potentially start a fire?)

Am I crazy?

Great idea. I'll try. The big concern is that the male end of the connecter seems to be a bit corroded and also has some slop (wiggles a bit). When I took everything apart I could see that at some point there was enough heat to damage some of the plastic underneath the cover. At times when I'm able to get the connection to stay, I do feel heat coming from the base of the cable where attached to controller.
Heat means you have a weak connection and are getting higher electrical resistance there. You likely frayed a couple of the stands in the wire and are getting intermittent connection.

To clean the corrosion, you can use vinegar and a wire brush to expose bare metal. How good are your soldering skills? If the wire is broken on the inside, your best bet would be to splice fresh wire in and heat shrink over the top to protect it.

Totally appreciate your idea and will head home in a few minutes to try it out but since there is heat I'm concerned that I might make things worse (and potentially start a fire?)

Am I crazy?

You likely won't start a fire as this is a low voltage DC connector. The inversion happens in the power brick upstream of this connection, so you are pretty safe.

Michael,

I can't thank you enough for the intelligent advice. While my soldering skills are not good, I'm smart enough to find a friend who does have experience. Worst case, if we try and it doesn't work then at least we gave it a shot before buying an entire new pump / controller.

While I do like the features of EcoTech products (Radion lights, MP40 VorTech wave makers, and the Vectra PLUS Mobius), I may just get a reliable and simple return pump for 25% the cost of a new Vectra. Hard to justify about $400 when I can find a solid return for $100 on Amazon that I won't have to worry as much about.

Any thoughts or recommendations on that topic if I am unsuccessful with the repair?

Michael,

I can't thank you enough for the intelligent advice. While my soldering skills are not good, I'm smart enough to find a friend who does have experience. Worst case, if we try and it doesn't work then at least we gave it a shot before buying an entire new pump / controller.

While I do like the features of EcoTech products (Radion lights, MP40 VorTech wave makers, and the Vectra PLUS Mobius), I may just get a reliable and simple return pump for 25% the cost of a new Vectra. Hard to justify about $400 when I can find a solid return for $100 on Amazon that I won't have to worry as much about.

Any thoughts or recommendations on that topic if I am unsuccessful with the repair?
Too many to list here... but yes, I have lots of thoughts and opinions

For return pump, it is the heartbeat of your system. For me, that means I need as many backups as possible. This is why I chose the Vectra pump was to get a high enough flow rate, with a reputable company, and a battery backup option. I didn't download the app for 2 years, so extra features are not what I am about, just core functionality.

Back