High Tide Aquatics

Need help moving water

So it looks like I'm moving to a new place over the next few weeks and the daunting task of moving my 90 gallon is upon me :O

Does anyone have any water jugs or other water carrying items I could borrow for the move? I'd really appreciate it, and am willing to throw some money your way if need be.

-RS

Gomer said:
Coral reefer said:
Buy garbage cans and return them
When done
while it may work, that isn't really ethical.

I agree, it's not really 90g if you subtract teh rock volume.

I'm sure you can scroungs enough jugs up via BAR, shoot put a case of beer in the fridge and the tank may move itself :)

I have plenty of 5G water jugs; the ideal thing would be mixing lots of water at the new place and have it ready; use enough from the tank's volume to transfer livestock. That's what I did when setting the new tank; no need to haul around ~90 gallons.

When I moved,i used maybe 30% old water and the rest new. If you have sand, you will probably use up 10-20 gallons just siphoning it out to waste

I like idea of creating the water in the new place. I didn't even think about that. Thanks guys.

I'll need to borrow a few buckets/jugs for fish/coral/rock/chaeto transport - like xcaret said. So I'll probably end up taking around 30 gallons from my current tank. I have 2 total buckets so I might hit you up for a few xcaret :) I appreciate the offer.

Just LMK ahead of time, have couple of empty salt buckets too with screw-on lid you may use.
You will also need drop cloths or plenty of towels if you don't want to mess the floor.

I have a few buckets, a couple of 12 gallon bins, plus
a nice very heavy duty 25 gallon bin with a pretty tight sealing lid.
Union City.

I have a bunch of 18 gallon Rubbermaid bins with lids that work really well for transporting live rock and big coral colonies... Can loan you at least 6 for your move, as well as some stackable 5 gallon jugs with screw on lids. I am in SSF.

Back