Kessil

Need help pricing this coral

TwinsReef

Supporting Member
Hi everyone, I have a 4 inch jb with 3 smaller ones under its skirt. I've had several pop interested, and I just want to know the value of it. Thanks.
1000020699.jpg

Unless you can find market comps, which you can’t for this exact ask, it’s going to be a bit subjective.

If you look for similar priced Jawbreakers you can find a whole range of prices, but each one is unique, and yours does have a solid amount of green on it.

If I was selling this I would ask $250 for the large mushroom, and potentially value the babies at $50 each. So $400 total may be a reasonable ask in my mind due to the color pattern you have.
Like I said though… subjective, and I may be way low. When I saw $700 I wasn’t shocked. I’m sure a retail store would price it at least that high; probably higher.

I would say to price it at the value that you’d be willing to sell it at, and be patient. The higher your price… the more patient you will need to be.

Beautiful coral! GLWS.

Unless you can find market comps, which you can’t for this exact ask, it’s going to be a bit subjective.

If you look for similar priced Jawbreakers you can find a whole range of prices, but each one is unique, and yours does have a solid amount of green on it.

If I was selling this I would ask $250 for the large mushroom, and potentially value the babies at $50 each. So $400 total may be a reasonable ask in my mind due to the color pattern you have.
Like I said though… subjective, and I may be way low. When I saw $700 I wasn’t shocked. I’m sure a retail store would price it at least that high; probably higher.

I would say to price it at the value that you’d be willing to sell it at, and be patient. The higher your price… the more patient you will need to be.

Beautiful coral! GLWS.
I've got several plp willing to pay the 700, I've seen some for $200+ but they are small and with not much green.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_120955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_120955_Chrome.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 31
I've got several plp willing to pay the 700, I've seen some for $200+ but they are small and with not much green.

Awesome, then I would move forward with the first person who confirmed interest.

I know you decided not to break down your tank, so if you are having seller’s regret then I think they will understand if you decide not to sell, but not with the intention of reposting at a higher price.

Back