Need Input from all members for 2017

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Dec 3, 2016.

1. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

We have 2 frag swaps and the pot luck set for this year. Looking to see what everyone thinks for the rest of the year? Do we want to meet every month or every other month? Do we want more tank tours? Do we want more get togethers just to be social? Please respond with any suggestions.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I would like to have at least one or two speakers, nobody in particular in mind though. Considering trying to make the rock structure building get together happen this year.

3. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I'd like to see if we could set up some tours of the vendors we have locally. I know Neptune is in Morgan Hill and Kessil is local though I don't know where. Any others I'm missing?

4. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

i think Kessil is in Richmond,

Coral reefer likes this.
  5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We have had a tour there in the past, maybe we can set it up again.

6. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Tank tour open houses are fun! :)

OnTheReef, Kmooresf and Newjack like this.
  7. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I would like to get to at least one meeting in 2017. :) 2016 has been a bust for me and I will be missing the potluck for the second year in a row. :-(

8. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

+1 for tank tour,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Kmooresf likes this.
  9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Tank tours are easier for the BOD to plan if members step up and volunteer to lead them.

10. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

The more ideas the better. Keep them coming

Coral reefer likes this.
  11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We will be drafting this years schedule after the dec 10 meeting in case anyone wants to offer input...or volunteer to help make a tank tour or other event happen.

Kmooresf likes this.
  12. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I could use some more input. Not too many members are responding. So far I see and rock build , 2 frag swaps , store tour , all of which I'd like to see us do. Guest speakers we'd have to work on and see how it goes

13. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

How about some sort of gear swap meet? To sell or trade old lights, pumps, etc?

coral4me and Gablami like this.
  14. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

We could do like a summer BBQ at a park or the beach that's not reef related but that the whole family could attend.

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Maybe a day at the Academy of Sciences. We could just meet up on our own or take a tour.

coral4me and Ashalye like this.
  16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Maybe even visit one of the local tide pools to see our own sea life. Just throwing out ideas.

Ranjib Dey and Ashalye like this.
  17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

We/I have done academy tours in the past, but with Matt gone it may need to schedule with Rich on Sundays. Search Steinhart tours for old pics.

18. Apon

Apon Volunteer

oh I might schedule another SF tour next year....been to busy this year.

Kmooresf and Coral reefer like this.
  19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

We used to do Wholesaler tours too, but not many around these days. We would need to go to LA.

coral4me and Coral reefer like this.
  20. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We need to add in the coral farmers market thing.

tankguy and Newjack like this.