Kessil

Nero

I’m using a Nero. I think the glass on my tank is 6mm and haven’t had an issue with the magnet at all.

Was a little noisy at first, but running super quiet now and the flow seems really great in my tank. Improvement over my MP10 in almost every way.

From what’s been stated around the forums, the Nero doesn’t work well with 1/2” glass. Some with Reefer 250’s with the 1/2” glass have said that they have come home from whatever and found the pump hanging by the cord instead of attached to the pump. I was going to get 2 Nero’s but ended up with 2 MP40’s because I have a 250 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is they move a lot of water. I have 2 WavePuck II’s that created sandstorms at 20%-30%. The Nero’s replaces them so should be the same. But the Wavepuck magnets are better then the Nero’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They move a shit ton of water. I could probably empty half my tank in about 10 seconds if I put it on 100%.

I think the issues that people are having is not related to the magnet between the outside and the inside of the tank. The pump is magnetically attached to inside magnet (it's not a hard connection) and is adjustable 15 degrees to allow you to angle the pump. I think the pump just comes loose from the magnetic seat that's inside. At least, that's the problem that I've seen described. I don't have that problem because mine only runs at 55% max power. I could see it being an issue if you angle the pump too much and/or run it at 100% power in wave mode.

Back