Neptune Aquatics

New AI pumps

Reefinglens

Supporting Member
Thoughts on AI getting to the gyre game? I think it’s pretty cool that it can be controlled in the mobius app making synchronization between Nero’s, MP(10/40/60)s, the new Axis return or Vectra models. On top of that lighting schedule, everything in one app without the need of an apex makes their competitive edge that much stronger for reefers.

I might pick up one of the Axis 90’s as a reactor pump.. maybe even an Axis 40 for water changes since it dwarfs the ultra zero in size.

How do you all feel about this product launch?
F6A0617C-6477-4531-8ECE-4EC68D0CC6CE.jpeg

So I know they have crossflow, and there's been a few posts I've seen hyping up that feature. Anybody able/care to explain what crossflow is and why it's better than a 'normal' gyre?

Wow this is pretty cool. If other pumps already have it then I’m out of the loop:

“Prevent back-siphon: With calibration set, instead of powering off, a pump will continue to run without producing flow, preventing siphoning, which could result in air-bubbles when the pump resumes its scheduled operation”

From initial impressions I’m not impressed by the Orbit. They are rebranded Maxspect Gyres with the AI controller. Big improvement with the AI controller since the Maxspect driver was horrible. It’s great that they can be controlled by Mobius now, but I’m not a fan of the motor since I’ve had a few malfunction or the ceramic shaft breaking on me after cleaning. It’s a great start though for Ecotech jumping into gyres.

So I know they have crossflow, and there's been a few posts I've seen hyping up that feature. Anybody able/care to explain what crossflow is and why it's better than a 'normal' gyre?
The Orbit cross flow can be schedule programmed to run multiple flow configurations throughout the day between Constant speed, Pluse, Random and Reverse. Red Sea Wave can do the same. I don’t believe normal gyres are capable of scheduled programs.

My jebao gyres do the same thing. Controlled from an app and I can program as many flow changes as I want.

Only downside is it's not mobius (but neither is anything else I own) and that the wifi communication isn't protected so having jebao pumps on multiple systems causes interference.

I’m able to have schedules with my maxspect XF350s. So I’m thinking cross flow is it’s own pattern for more efficient nutrient export.

From initial impressions I’m not impressed by the Orbit. They are rebranded Maxspect Gyres with the AI controller. Big improvement with the AI controller since the Maxspect driver was horrible. It’s great that they can be controlled by Mobius now, but I’m not a fan of the motor since I’ve had a few malfunction or the ceramic shaft breaking on me after cleaning. It’s a great start though for Ecotech jumping into gyres.

The Orbit cross flow can be schedule programmed to run multiple flow configurations throughout the day between Constant speed, Pluse, Random and Reverse. Red Sea Wave can do the same. I don’t believe normal gyres are capable of scheduled programs.
Think they're licensed gyres? I know the icecap brand came back with tech licensed from coralvue at a lower price point.

Think they're licensed gyres? I know the icecap brand came back with tech licensed from coralvue at a lower price point.
Yes, BRS even mentions it in the video. Maxspect owns the patents so they definitely licensed the older tech out to Icecap/Coralvue, Red Sea and now Ecotech/Ai while keeping the newer Cloud Edition design with the flow cage and director for their own gyres. Very smart of them.

Back