Cali Kid Corals

New bling for the tank...

Klems

Supporting Member
Picked up a few nice pieces for the tank this weekend from the Aqua SD sale... Anybody else participate or pick up any nice pieces?
TiffanyAcan-RetailPrice30SALEPRICE10_zps3okqikjb.jpg
AussieBlastoDoubleHeader-RetailPrice50SALEPRICE15_zpsgngfsqks.jpg
AussieDragons-RetailPrice30SALEPRICE10_zpsdzmiairh.jpg
ExemplarAcan-RetailPrice50SALEPRICE15_zps9abl46d1.jpg
SweetRicRegular-RetailPrice30SALEPRICE10 2_zpsly10xke3.jpg

Everything was either $10 or $15 each....so once I got one I had to get a few more to make sure the shipping costs made it worth it

Wasn't that great of a sale.

AquaSD has some nice pieces without a doubt. The zoa in my avatar is an AquaSD zoa purchased from Diablo Corals in Concord. Is it as bright as the AquaSD picture? Not in real life. But these AquaSD sales usually include a lot of bread and butter corals they're trying to push out, you literally can find them at one or more of the local fish stores. Without the 30-50$ shipping. Without the shipping stress on the coral. And you can see what they really look like in person, without the super photo-shopped picture. And you're supporting your local economy.

Sorry but AquaSD's pictures do NOT match reality. Contrast and color saturation is definitely cranked up.

BattleCorals takes honest pictures, you will get what you see.
Unique Corals takes honest pictures you will get what you see.

Here's a Battle Corals picture that matches reality.
IMG_3396_zpskydcqpnm.jpg

Here is a typical AquaSD picture.
008-r2r_zpsthdlctia.jpg

There are lots of good vendors out there but AquaSD's game plan is to sell you Over Saturated pictures. No person ever buys 1 frag so they buy more to make it "worth it" in the end you're getting the same corals for the same price.

As for their "discounted price":
Not really a discount. Just some high number they slapped on there and then a lower number in red.

I always buy local first. My flame tip nem from coral collection? I made sure no local fish stores had one before I purchased from them. Fish Stores and online vendors get the same corals they come from the same ocean from pretty much the same whole salers.

Wow i'm going on a full on rant, gonna stop myself here and probably not post for a couple days lol. Support your local fish stores. Don't get suckered.

I agree with buying from our LFS....most of my stuff is from Neptune. But when the wife left me at home with the kids....the niners lost....I needed something to make me feel better and I didn't feel like getting stuck in 880 traffic on a Sunday.

Last week was my first time trying out a live sale & first time with ASD. I agree with Michael that the pics are over-saturated/contrasted and look pretty different from the pics, thing I liked was I got 4 freebies for my purchase... overall it worked out and was not disappointed but might not buy online again.

AquaSD Jubilee Zoa 1 Polyp - 150$ Per polyp sale price

Aquatic Collection unnamed rainbow zoa 20$ per polyp

Difference is a macro lens and a couple cranks on the color saturation im Photoshop.

Maybe u didn't notice the pink sparkles around the the AquaSD Zoa... That and the name Jubilee Zoa...definitely worth the $150 price...plus that way I can sell it other reefers for $$

I completely agree about Aquatic Collection...I love that place...Carson and Joe are great guys...

Coral arrived and finished drip aclimation and then dipping them with Revive. Time for them to enjoy the pool and get used to the lights. Got a few freebie corals too....

Attachments

• IMG_20151008_155032022.jpg
    IMG_20151008_155032022.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20151008_155021713.jpg
    IMG_20151008_155021713.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 302
AquaSD is a decent online etailer. I would buy from them compared to other etailers that jack up the prices with crazy names and OVERSATURATED pictures that make the coral look so unreal and plastic looking.

What online vendor doesn't shop their pictures to make the customers eyes say WOW with those insane amounts of LED, attinic shots.

Yes BattleCorals gives you a better presentation of what shown compared to what your getting. Adams pretty decent dude.

OP- for those prices, that was a good deal, congrats. as long as your happy that's what matters.

Maybe u didn't notice the pink sparkles around the the AquaSD Zoa... That and the name Jubilee Zoa...definitely worth the $150 price...plus that way I can sell it other reefers for $$

I completely agree about Aquatic Collection...I love that place...Karson and Joe are great guys...
karson with a k

Back