Reef nutrition

New Light

I have a 60GL Bowfront. 40" wide. I just got rid of my 48" 2x150W HQI with 2x96W PC Actinic light fixture. I'm thinking of getting this new fixture

Im getting two HQI pendant 18" each. specs are 150W HQI with 2x14w Actinic T5. so a total of 356W.

250W HQ, 4x39W T5 High Actinic Blue. 36"

Will that be ok compare to my old light fixture?

Coral reefer said:
This is confusing
OK I have a 60GL Tank
I would like to either of the light fixture
Two HQI Pendant. 150Wx2 HQI with 4x14w Actinic T5 total of 356Watts

or

a 36" Light fixture. 1x250W HQI with 4x39W T5 Actinic total of 406Watts

I assume you are keeping SPS?? That is a LOT of light if you are not keep high light corals. LPS and fish don't need that much light, but if you are thinking SPS, then either option is sufficient. How deep is the tank (from top to bottom)?

39.25" L x 19" W (at the bow) x 22.5" H

This is what we have right now

we have rbta and a green one, brain, polyps & zoa, favia, frogspawn, duncan, mushroom, dendro, candy cane, pulsing xenia, and one more purple thing that i forgot the name

Definitely depends on what you want to keep. Personally I'd go led over t5 for the blue supplementation.
I'd actually go with a couple ai sol blues or maybe a pair of kessil a 150s for that tank

Well, you can't really go wrong with a lot of light, however you would be fine with a 36" T5 light (4 -6 bulb) or an LED set up. If you like the MH look (who doesn't?) then the 150's would be more than sufficient for what you have in there. Depends on you. Do you want to save on electricity..........are you looking for a specific look to your tank, etc, etc.? Is heat an issue?? Is evaporation an issue?

All things to consider.

Coral reefer said:
Definitely depends on what you want to keep. Personally I'd go led over t5 for the blue supplementation.
I'd actually go with a couple ai sol blues or maybe a pair of kessil a 150s for that tank

+1.......LPS and softies do very well under LED's and the look is AMAZING! Plus no heat and low electricity and some ability to control the light color.

Kmooresf said:
Well, you can't really go wrong with a lot of light, however you would be fine with a 36" T5 light (4 -6 bulb) or an LED set up. If you like the MH look (who doesn't?) then the 150's would be more than sufficient for what you have in there. Depends on you. Do you want to save on electricity..........are you looking for a specific look to your tank, etc, etc.? Is heat an issue?? Is evaporation an issue?

All things to consider.

We just like the look of the MH. We had the T5 before on our 110GL and it wasn’t enough. We switched to the 2x150W HQI with 2x96W PC and we like the look of it. . I downgraded my tank two weeks ago and my current fixture doesn’t fit. My New tank is only 40” and my old fixture is 48” I never had any problems with the heat.

I really want to get 250W HQ, 4x39W T5 High Actinic Blue., but my problem is that the HQI is in the middle and I have the plastic brake in the middle. It might Melt. So My other option is getting two pendants

Im buying my lights this week. Any suggestions where I can get a good deal?

Back