High Tide Aquatics

New Member in Oakland Rockridge

lattehiatus

Past President
Hello BAR Members,

I've been lurking for about 8 months now, ever since I got bitten by the saltwater bug again. Saw a BAR flyer for the upcoming swap while dropping into Neptune Aquatics last week, which reminded me to join as a paying member.

A brief background about me: In the past decade, I went through the transition from freshwater fish-only to planted tanks to reefkeeping (back when PC lighting was new and innovative), then took a hiatus for about 4 years from the aquaria hobby altogether (I like to believe I was too exhausted, doing more harm than good trying to tinker with every parameter, being young and impatient). Then a cousin of mine had to move overseas, and asked me to look after his 10g tank with guppies and ghost shrimp. I couldn't resist pulling out the tacky battleship and scuba diver and planting the tank, and soon I had ghost shrimp larvae survive into maturity. My love for the hobby revived, I now have 3 freshwater planted tanks and finally established a 65g reef tank in December '10.

Looking forward to helping out wherever I can within BAR!

Thank you all for the warm reception! Seems like there are quite a few members in the Oakland/Berkeley area, so please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help out with anything.

Back