Cali Kid Corals

New Super Powerfull Lazer Pointer

Tumbleweed said:
This is for when a standard lazer pointer just isn't strong enough for you, or if your want to pretend you are Luke Skywalker and really do some damage.

Lazer
If we got enough and brought them to a meeting we could reenact scenes from Star Wars.

GreshamH said:
Cue Gomer :)
LOL. Believe it or not, we were talking about this in the lab yesterday and wondered about if it was a typo and how they pulled it off for so cheap. We were also looking at getting 4 of them as scattering sources for some experiments :p

Tumbleweed said:
And small for the size compared to then as well.
Depends. Diode lasers are an old technology and they put out a ton of power (and have for a long while). Blue is the trick, and ...and the efficiency. I am suspect though. I can't imagine it being TEM00.

and....I guess I should also say that I was thinking stripping the output optic, reformating the beam with some cylindrical lenses and projecting it over a tank :-D

nudibranch said:
Tumbleweed said:
This is for when a standard lazer pointer just isn't strong enough for you, or if your want to pretend you are Luke Skywalker and really do some damage.

Lazer
If we got enough and brought them to a meeting we could reenact scenes from Star Wars.

Are we required to bring our LaserShades safety goggles?

Back