Jestersix

New to the Bay Area

I wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone here. My wife and I just moved into our new home a couple months ago in the Berkeley Hills (Tunnel) area and I've been working on my new build ever since.

I've already got a build thread going on 3Reef so won't duplicate here. I'm not too far away from getting water in it (probably next week) and then getting my fish shipped out from Florida where they are currently being boarded.

Build thread is here.

Just pounded through 20 pages of build thread. Epic!
May want to consider sump and piping insulation (if not already done) or PG&E will slaughter you like they do to some of us in similar geographical locations.

houser said:
Just pounded through 20 pages of build thread. Epic!
May want to consider sump and piping insulation (if not already done) or PG&E will slaughter you like they do to some of us in similar geographical locations.

Yeah... I'm going to be adding pipe insulation soon, but as much for sound suppression as temp. The sump may not need it. The area under the house is completely insulated for some reason. I'm more concerned about what the humidity and salt spray will do down there.

To your point, I am pretty concerned about the power bill. It's the only expense the wife sees from the tank :)

Hey Darren,
Welcome. I'll follow up on your tank thread when I'm not at work! :O
Let us know how the fish shipment goes. Hope to meet you at one of our next meetings.

Kensington Reefer said:
Darren
welcome to the area! will that tennenti tang be coming from FLA?

It will indeed. The first place I had boarding my fish didn't do a great job and he got beat up a bit. I moved them over to World Wide Corals they say he is doing better.

The fish I've got coming are:

- Lt Tang (Tennenti)
- Flamefin Tomini
- Mimic Lemonpeel Tang
- Purple Tang (had gottent a little lateral line during original boarding, but is getting better at WWC)
- Red Sea Sailfin
- Vlamingi (small little piggy who is fat, fat, fat)
- Midas Blenny
- Japanese Swallowtail Angel

Holler if you need help. I come through that way regularly. It's not far.
Berkeleyaquarium@yahoo.com

I too lived in FLA for a while back in the early 80's, Miami Beach to be specific.

rocketmandb said:
Kensington Reefer said:
Darren
welcome to the area! will that tennenti tang be coming from FLA?

It will indeed. The first place I had boarding my fish didn't do a great job and he got beat up a bit. I moved them over to World Wide Corals they say he is doing better.

The fish I've got coming are:

- Lt Tang (Tennenti)
- Flamefin Tomini
- Mimic Lemonpeel Tang
- Purple Tang (had gottent a little lateral line during original boarding, but is getting better at WWC)
- Red Sea Sailfin
- Vlamingi (small little piggy who is fat, fat, fat)
- Midas Blenny
- Japanese Swallowtail Angel

Victor and Lou will do a great job shipping them. I've seen their pack jobs :D

They couldn't make it out to BAYMAC this year I'm afraid :(

Back