High Tide Aquatics

No More PE Cyclopeeze

I was shopping at the local fish store today and they were almost entirely out of Cyclopeeze. They said the product line is over and no new shipments are coming, that there's a new frozen copepod product coming.

It looks like the cyclopeeze are being replaced with a new type of pod: PE Calanus.

The new twin packs of PE Mysis and PE Calanus will be available in the U.S. starting next week in a convenient blister package and a standalone PE Calanus package will be made available later this year. We’ve been using Calanus as our new go-to coral food for a few weeks now and besides the red coloration, there is no perceivable difference from using Cyclop-Eeze in regards to feeding corals.​

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/04/08/calanus-copepods-replace-cyclopeeze-pe-mysis-twin-packs/

Yeah heard the owner died or something and Argent hasn't been able to harvest in over two years due to lower than normal salinites. This is from the VP of marketing at PE.

Been buying a similar but different product from aquatic collection. Completely happy with it. Not sure on exact name, but ask them and they will know.

If the new Calanus pods are the same size of food, it shouldn't be a problem for me. My corals, especially Acans love the cyclopeeze. The smaller fish like the clowns and the mandarins also eat them.

Back