Kessil

No more super glue gels at the dollar store?

Harbor Freight is my go to now. I used to use Gorilla Glue super glue gel but it makes a huge glue slick at the top of the water and didn't actually stick to the rock very well. Harbor freight rarely slicks off a film, has been holding great, and can be purchased in bulk when they have a sale.

Harbor Freight is my go to now. I used to use Gorilla Glue super glue gel but it makes a huge glue slick at the top of the water and didn't actually stick to the rock very well. Harbor freight rarely slicks off a film, has been holding great, and can be purchased in bulk when they have a sale.
I also have been using HF CA Gel for the past 10 years. It's cheap and works the same as any CA glue. I find that they are all the same, and made with the same formulation. The only difference is the marketing and packaging. I think the "glue slick" occurs when the glue isn't mixed well. I've had the same experience at time with HF. I found that shaking the little tube vigorously prior to using it, it'll prevent the "glue slick".

Been using seatak of late. Has its pluses and minuses. Plus-once it cures-the urchins can’t take the corals for a ride.
Minus-I do find it PIA to use…

Back