Reef nutrition

Normal or Something Wrong?

I'd just keep an eye on it for now. You can just crush the snails. Killer images though. You are a photographer too?
Actually...yeah. Did it professionally for many years. I go back as far as processing my own film and printing my own images in a darkroom. But I still do commercial projects where I'm just a gun for hire (sporting events, tournaments, etc.). I'm done with the brides and bitchy customers. No thanks! I go to an event...shoot...hand images over. No more post processing or customers to deal with!

That thing is a goner, IMO. I lost a euphyllia in a very similar fasion a few weeks ago, sitting right between two others that are and were growing and thriving. Remember that corals kind of suck at life, and sometimes they just decide to shuffle off this mortal coil. If everything else in the tank is looking fine, I wouldn't overthink it. There's no harm in leaving it in the tank, unless it has some kind of disease, I guess...

The flesh looks pretty receded under the polyps, which is a sign that it probably wasn't super healthy or happy to begin with and maybe this was just its fate.

That thing is a goner
Yup! More of it was completely gone by this morning. So im counting this one as my first loss. On the bright side, there's a small head growing out ilat the base. Possibly two.

Also, while looking around for more of those vermetid snails and I came across a couple of these hanging on between the back and side panes of glass. I believe they are featherduster worms, correct?
20231201_113744.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose stuff. I have lost some very expensive pieces out of nowhere months in. As your system matures and your parameters are more stable you will have more success. It is all about stability. Of note, the Trident helped me immensely in keeping my chemistry consistent.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose stuff.
Thanks bud. Thankfully the yellow hammer is doing great. It's literally right beside this one. Which has me worried honestly, but not much I can do about it. I bonded these to the rock with epoxy and super glue.

Back