High Tide Aquatics

Now What?

where i`m from we saw houses on our street go from 1.6mil$ to 800k. fortunately they are on the up and up. but thats simply ridiculous how inflated these markets got.

I got into mini-reef coming up on a year ago. The budget was $1,000. I am closer to $2,500 spent and I knew it was all a loss for the enjoyment of the hobby. It is actually education fees in my mind and completely worth the investment.

I am sorry you cannot sell at what you need right now. Have you considered giving it away in an open house style come get it for club members? I gave some fish to a LFS and it was way less time for me than finding a home for each. Maybe one of them would take all the animals in one delivery. Paying it forward may come back to you when you do get back to the larger tank.

well, then i sit at home with no school? if i cant sell it, i might as well just keep the tank, at least then i`ll have something to do since school wont be an option, and just deal with a bitchy land lady.

i dont think a come get it for free thing is my idea of what i want. i would rather just get some pity money like a couple hundred bucks than just give it all away. i think i would cry if i just gave it all away.

who knows, i got 10 days to figure it out. or i can just load it all into my car, drive to south county and sell it at a fish store i know will buy it. only cost me 90$ round trip,

Could you get store credit for your live stock and later on down the road, pick up what you want? I know it doesn't solve your financial situation, but at least you will get something back later on...

BTW, I totally agree with those that say for you to pay it forward. Not only will you get everything eventually returned to you (at least in BAR), but then some.

Another thought...you could move...

i just moved up here. and moving a 75 gallon tank was not my funnest adventure. i would love store credit, i`m just looking for those alternatives. but some good ideas.

[quote author=reefermadness link=topic=6970.msg90568#msg90568 date=1237527993]

i dont think a come get it for free thing is my idea of what i want. i would rather just get some pity money like a couple hundred bucks than just give it all away.
[/quote]
Yeah you're probably not going to be getting any pity money.

who knows, i got 10 days to figure it out. or i can just load it all into my car, drive to south county and sell it at a fish store i know will buy it. only cost me 90$ round trip,
Probably should do that then. Definitely not a sellers market around here, and definitely not for anything common.

You can take all the coral to LGF they have a consignment program where you can get 50% cash or 80% store credit, I bet they would take your fish and inverts a s well. Then part out the sales of your tank and equipment over time and get what you want for them. I looked at your list though and have got to tell you that you want more for your set-up then I paid for mine and I have a lot more and better quality stuff then what you listed. CL is a very fine line, you post to high ppl don't bother, post to low they think it's damaged, you gotta find the sweet spot where your willing to give a little bit and still be happy.

Have to realize that LFS are hurting too now, so they might not be as willing to give you a "fair" price for all your corals as they would in the past.

[quote author=reefermadness link=topic=6970.msg90727#msg90727 date=1237574667]
so whats a reasonable price. im just guessing. thats why i`m asking for input. so. and whats LGF?
[/quote]

Brand name equipment in new condition, start with 75%-80% off retail price. So so stuff.. 35%-50% off
Live stock - 50% off.

I would start around $500 for everything..

Back