Kessil

NY Spongodes

I'm offering up 2 frags of Monti Spongoles that I got at the swap from our friends at Manhattan Reefs. It has an awesome bright green flesh and a really cool growth pattern. The polyps are all brown in my tank but I thought there was some green ones originally but I may be mistaken. I've been slowly raising it up in my tank and I've noticed it's colors getting brighter so this guy seems to light lots of light (or at least it looks better :) ).

If enough people are interested I'll put everyones names in a hat and pick, otherwise first come first served.

Nothing fancy, must pass on at least 2 frags before selling or trading, willing to take fresh unmounted frag at the BOD meeting tomorrow or at the April meeting or pick up in Pittsburg.

montispongolesNY5.jpg

montispongolesNY6.jpg

Here is a pic with the polyps out.
montispongolesNY4.jpg

Wow, not 1 hit... that sucks. I think it was Norman that said brown is acolor too :) This really does have a cool growth patern and a bright green flesh. Not that I'm trying to push it on anyone :D I knew I should have put this under DBTC-Extreme ;D

No space for another coral, until conceivably the end of April (after the general meeting).

Otherwise, I'd grow it out just to keep the chain going.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3259.msg37218#msg37218 date=1205253072]
Sorry Levi, I picked up a frag of this from the swap from Robin, granted it wasn't from NY, but it still was the same coral :)[/quote]
I doubt it, mine looks WAY better and it's "special" ;D

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3259.msg37222#msg37222 date=1205254724]
No space for another coral, until conceivably the end of April (after the general meeting).
Otherwise, I'd grow it out just to keep the chain going.[/quote]
PM me your address, I'll help thin things out ;D

See there is a simple solution to every situation lol

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3259.msg37232#msg37232 date=1205256403]
Don't think so. I want to keep the nubs! :D[/quote]

[size=20pt]DARN CORAL HORDER!!!! :p[/size] jk

[quote author=alve link=topic=3259.msg37332#msg37332 date=1205284823]
Levi, I would like one if possible and could pick it up at the April meeting.[/quote]
You got it.

[quote author=alve link=topic=3259.msg37358#msg37358 date=1205296557]
Thanks Levi! See you at the April meeting.[/quote]
Did you want it on a plug or unmounted?

I would like to grow a frag, but already signed up for some at the April meeting. If no one else is interested by april, I can give it a home, and keep the chain going.

[quote author=TimTen link=topic=3259.msg37624#msg37624 date=1205471258]
I would like to grow a frag, but already signed up for some at the April meeting. If no one else is interested by april, I can give it a home, and keep the chain going.[/quote]
I don't know, the waiting list is pritty long.. (crickets chirp :) ) jk it's your. Do you want it mounted?

Tim. I am already picking up a couple of frags. But if no one takes this, I will take it from you at the meeting. But put me on the back of the list! Thanks!

I can not find the original tread but I received this through DBTC from Levi on 04/12.

I have this frag available for pick up at February Meeting (it was growing over my frag rack so I mounted it):
NYMontiSpongoles.jpg

Rules:
- Pick a number between 1 and 20
- You agree to return at least 2 frags to DBTC before selling or trading
- You have a tank thread and are able to keep SPS
- You agree to give a frag back to me if my tank crashes or I lose the colony

Back