Oh no... My lighting... Again. Something happen.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by nanocube-guy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

I don't think the ballast will stop working because you didn't change your bulb. Sounds like a bad ballast, is there a warranty from the manufacturer?

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It's been partially explained in this very thread how not changing a bulb can lead to a burned out ballast.

3. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

Greg, JBJ manufacture warranty is ridiculous because it's only 6 month with in purchase date. I assume it was at least a year, but i read online, they only accept 6 month. Pretty stupid huh?

4. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

This is a case where you get what you pay for :(

5. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

yup... I gree with a... :(( :( :(( :( :tired:

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

OK optical illusion, or maybe I am finally loosing the plot but it sure looks like your smiley shrinks from left to right :lol:

7. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

i try to make cry and sad repeatedly, but for some reason, the crying face didn't work. Why is that, forum moderate?

8. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

If you paid with your credit card you might check with your credit card if they have any warranty bonuses. Some cards will automatically double the manufacture's warranty.

9. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Ballasts can go bad due to overheating if the bulb is old or bad.

You ever see a street light fire warm up then go out eventually leading to the light not firing? The ballast is overheating trying to keep the bulb lit when it shouldn't be, with e-ballasts that is not a problem, mag ballasts OTOH don't have brains, which, by the way, makes them impervious to zombies. That's a different story.

BTW, my info comes from folks in "horticulture" that run a ton of lights simultaneously.

10. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

They say six month only... I read it online and talk to them. It's okay, it gives me an excuse to upgrade to a 150watt MH.
    I see, thanks for explaining.

11. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

okay got my fixture... problem is solved.... please take the time check it out and tell me what you think? I appreciate all your help and support guys. Thanks a lot. http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/2501?page=8#comment-136716