got ethical husbandry?

Ok married and kids complete. Now back to reefing - Red Sea G2+ S950 Peninusula

Got the cabinet together and out the rocks in. Let me know what you think of the aquas along. Was trying to do the whole negative space thing but with some nooks and hiding spotsView attachment 48664View attachment 48665
Looks good! Two minor points of consideration I have (if you haven't already thought of them, of course):

1. Depending on how tall the tank is, the coral(s) on the top of those arches are going to get a LOT of light compared to the ones a bit further down/might be a bit shaded due to the verticality of some of the rock.

2. Flow in between the rocks may be a little challenging (although it seems, with the openings in the 'middle' of two of the pieces of rock, that would be mitigated)

Great design, and looking forward to seeing the build progress!

Aquascape looks great. Good job if you built that yourself. Are you using the Caribsea Special Grade sand? I’ve found that since the grains are a bit bigger it blows around less. Also not sure how many inches off the wall the tank is but just make sure you have enough space for the Reefwave magnets on the outside.

Thanks everyone! Yes I do plan to check PAR levels at various points in the tank once I have water in and place the corals appropriately. I think you’re right that I will have a few different shady areas in the tank. Hopefully the fish will enjoy hanging out in those spots. I did leave a gap between the wall, mostly because there’s a light switch there (that is rarely used). But appreciate the heads up about the magnets! And yes I have the caribsea special grade. I might have ordered a bit too much (10 lbs)? But we’ll see. Will add water followed by ammonia then dr Tim’s after I return from a trip in a week or so. Thanks everyone!

IMG_0257.jpeg
IMG_0258.jpeg
IMG_0259.jpeg
IMG_0260.jpeg
Ok finally got the pump hooked up, tank filled and water circulating. I’m very impressed with the quality of the build of this tank and stand. It was quite easy to get everything together and there were no leaks once filling the tank and turning on the pump. Since I’m going full on Red Sea I easily connected the return pump, powerheads, ato device to the Red Sea ReefBeat app without any issue. It was also quite easy to fine tune the sump return valve. The system is incredibly quiet. Just a minor hum from the return pump (which I’m running at 60%).
Next up: will get the temp up to 78 degrees and will then add Dr Tim’s ammonia followed by ‘one and only’ and start cycling!

Back