Kessil

Patio's IM 75 EXT

IMG_8922.jpg

Cut off anything that doesn’t have healthy tissue on it (i.e., frag plug, rocks, skeleton), dip and QT. :)
I do the live flesh off the plug as you mention but have never QT'd or dipped. I buy a new bottle of Revive every 5 years but it just sits on the shelf expiring away. I should break that habit :).

I might hit you up for your dip protocol before grabbing some new sticks.

Got this from battle corals a few years ago but have long since forgotten what the heck it is or what its was supposed to look like. The thing tried dying several times but would dull out and go dormant instead. Last couple of days the colors has been perking up and some peach color at the tips. Hopefully it is finally happy and considers growing.

IMG_9323.jpg

Got this from battle corals a few years ago but have long since forgotten what the heck it is or what its was supposed to look like. The thing tried dying several times but would dull out and go dormant instead. Last couple of days the colors has been perking up and some peach color at the tips. Hopefully it is finally happy and considers growing.

View attachment 49860
I have some coral that looks similar to that from Battle Corals called Aquatic Man.

View attachment 49860

It’s still looks like it’s growing into itself, might have to wait a bit longer to see exactly what it is.

FYI. Here’s a growth post of my old BC Aquatic Man Table
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/randys-red-sea-reefer-250.19728/post-381511

It’s still looks like it’s growing into itself, might have to wait a bit longer to see exactly what it is.

I have some coral that looks similar to that from Battle Corals called Aquatic Man.

I did some digging and found pictures of the handwritten names that came on the bags from the shipment 11/25/20. Only this one survived the tank move a couple years back.

Here is what came in from Battle Corals:
Miss Scarlett
Rainbow Loom
Vectorman
Bonfire
Strawberry Fields

I did some digging and found pictures of the handwritten names that came on the bags from the shipment 11/25/20. Only this one survived the tank move a couple years back.

Here is what came in from Battle Corals:
Miss Scarlett
Rainbow Loom
Vectorman
Bonfire
Strawberry Fields

I would guess bonfire, but I’d wait and see what colors and growth pattern develops.

Just started running the Ultra Reef skimmer last week. It is replacing my e-shopps s-120. The s-120 is great at skimming but is unable to prime itself after you turn it off then try to turn it back on. I think it was a known issue a few years back but I never dug deep enough to figure out how to resolve it. So I would always need to help get it running again after powering it down (just lift halfway out of the water then place back down always did the trick). I think I will be putting the doors on my stand in the future so wanted to have a skimmer that I was confident can turn back on without any of my help.

The ultra reef is nice. You can really fine tune from wet to dry. One handed cup removal is pretty slick too. In the past I have never had an issue with a skimmer needing to break in more than a day to build a slime coat. I ran the skimmer in a bucket of dirty water change water for 24 hours then swapped them out. Skimming kept on as normal.

This weekend I tried clove oil euthanasia, for the first time, on my yellow tang. First dose did put them to sleep, then second dose finished the job. The fish did not thrash about with the first or second dose, which made things a little easier.

The tang had gone blind early last summer. That was another first for me, a blind fish. Although it seemed to sense its surroundings quiet well, it could not pick food from the water column and would struggle to peck nori from a clip. For every 20 attempts at the nori, it may get 1 small bite. That average got worse as the months went on but I could not catch the fish. Finally it came out of its cave this weekend and was high up on the front glass panel. I had my fish net balancing on the tank ready for the last couple of months as well as clove oil on hand. Finally I caught it.

I had been offering nori at 3x my normal rate as well as weekly water changing at 3x the rate, in hopes the fish could find a way to power through and keep the extra food from fouling the water... The weight of the fish just kept declining.

Pic of anthias with YT hiding in its cave:

IMG_0396.jpg

You'll get better color and longer life with your Borb if you lower it. They don't spend much time at those temps, only a couple months. The rest if spent deeper with cooler waters.

You'll get better color and longer life with your Borb if you lower it. They don't spend much time at those temps, only a couple months. The rest if spent deeper with cooler waters.
Really appreciate your knowledge sharing! Its color has really improved over the last couple months and about doubled in size. Would be cool to see it color up even more.

This was a fish brought to my doorstep when my 25 year reefing buddy crashed his tank recently. Along with a Gold Bar Maroon Clown morph pair (I don't know the name but tons of gold) and a purple tang. Clowns are in the sump. I am hoping my buddy starts a tank back up so I can offload all his fish back to him. The corals seem to be appreciating the extra poop though. The lyretail was not happy about the Borb addition...

The tank is running on just limewater. The tentative plan is to remove the top right rock once the kalk reactor can't keep up with demand. It seems I am about halfway to maxed out at the moment. If our first baby expected this coming July doesn't tire me out too bad, I may replace that space with some tougher sticks with room to grow upwards. If too tired/busy, I will just start the forest fire digi and spongodes over as frags and remove the rock.

1709745552160.png

Back