Cali Kid Corals

Peter's 40G Journey

I like to thank @Hamada for the cover lid rails, hydro ATO and sump light for my setup.

Last part is moving my livestock from old tank to new tank today, Here we go...

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_125437__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210126_125437__01__01.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Haha indeed, well when I brought the tank those tree came with it. I was told it was rare corals and I believed him. That's me not doing research and impulse buying. Now I got lots of "Rare" trees. =]
Hey, no shame in starting with soft corals! I had them when I started too. Then you can feel like an expert when you give new people these starter coral!

Finally decided to glued the pipes to prevent leaks. So I brought my pipes into Home Depot to find a union and glue. Luckily I asked the expert there and found out my pipes are ABS, or else I would of end up buying the PVC glue and PVC union. I thought all pipes are PVC. Silly me, learn something new everyday.

Anyways, update for my tank.
Took 3 days but finally very satisfied with the aqua scape. Most of the coral opened back up except for the leather. Fish are happy and eating. Everything seem to be up and running.

Attachments

• wx_camera_1621279664664.jpg
    wx_camera_1621279664664.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 120
I really, really don't think your drain lines are abs. I'm pretty almost 100% positive those are pvc. Abs has a much different feel than pvc, the pipe is much lighter. @Afropenguin are your drain lines abs?

I really, really don't think your drain lines are abs. I'm pretty almost 100% positive those are pvc. Abs has a much different feel than pvc, the pipe is much lighter. @Afropenguin are your drain lines abs?
Hrmm... Then I am not sure anymore haha, since you are an expert in this field I'll take ur word for it. Yea the glue seem to be working and as long as it doesn't leak then is all good.

If I pull too hard, all my pipes will come apart and itll leak. Otherwise it hasent leaked in 2 years.
Ahh strange then, my pipes are leaky at the valve area and the elbow also. Oh well the glue fixes everything. Haha
Btw I just went and checked out ur setup and curious on what is wrapping around your pipes?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210519-094956__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210519-094956__01.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 112
Ahh strange then, my pipes are leaky at the valve area and the elbow also. Oh well the glue fixes everything. Haha
Btw I just went and checked out ur setup and curious on what is wrapping around your pipes?
The thing around the pipe is just some pipe insulation. When I first got the tank, I had the same noise issue so I tried a bunch of things to make it more quiet.

Well today is a sad day for me and one of my fish. I was feeding them and making sure all the fishs eats. Oddly my Neon Dottyback did not show up, Which is weird, he loves food. After 10 minutes of searching with flash light, finally found him pinned between the foundation rock and bottom glass. I had to move alot of rocks to free him and hoping he would survive. Unfortunately he didn't make it, not sure how long he been trapped.
I had him from the start of the hobby, what a sad way for him to go. Me and my wife spent an hour and couldn't put back the rock the way it was. Now we have to rebuild the aquascape from the bottom up again. Is going to be a long night...

Attachments

• 10222_neon-dottyback-captive-bred_1.jpg
    10222_neon-dottyback-captive-bred_1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 126
Well today is a sad day for me and one of my fish. I was feeding them and making sure all the fishs eats. Oddly my Neon Dottyback did not show up, Which is weird, he loves food. After 10 minutes of searching with flash light, finally found him pinned between the foundation rock and bottom glass. I had to move alot of rocks to free him and hoping he would survive. Unfortunately he didn't make it, not sure how long he been trapped.
I had him from the start of the hobby, what a sad way for him to go. Me and my wife spent an hour and couldn't put back the rock the way it was. Now we have to rebuild the aquascape from the bottom up again. Is going to be a long night...
Been there with the rescape! I have redone my main arch at least 5 times in 2 years, and even moved rocks last week. It is part of the ever crumbling and growing reef. I am sorry for your loss of the dottyback, they are really pretty.

Been there with the rescape! I have redone my main arch at least 5 times in 2 years, and even moved rocks last week. It is part of the ever crumbling and growing reef. I am sorry for your loss of the dottyback, they are really pretty.
Thank You, he is indeed a beautiful fish. Never feels good as a fish owner to know the fish died this way.
I am the lazy type try not to rescape ever again after first time.

Back