Cali Kid Corals

PH calibration issues (apex)

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Hi all;
Before I contact Neptune for support just seeing if anyone has had a similar experience with not being able to calibrate a PH probe.

I have tried a couple of times without success. Oddly enough when I just put it in 10 .0 solution the probe reads fine. At the lower level (7.0) I think it’s off by .1 -this is not calibration-just putting it in solution.

Last time I even started with the probe in 7.0 solution and just popped up to 7.6-7.8 in calibration mode. IOS is up to date.

It’s a new probe but the same thing happened with the old probe. Thinking possible software bug?

Hi all;
Before I contact Neptune for support just seeing if anyone has had a similar experience with not being able to calibrate a PH probe.

I have tried a couple of times without success. Oddly enough when I just put it in 10 .0 solution the probe reads fine. At the lower level (7.0) I think it’s off by .1 -this is not calibration-just putting it in solution.

Last time I even started with the probe in 7.0 solution and just popped up to 7.6-7.8 in calibration mode. IOS is up to date.

It’s a new probe but the same thing happened with the old probe. Thinking possible software bug?
If it’s reading very close to both calibration solutions when you just put it in, it sounds like it doesn’t need calibration to me.

As far as not calibrating correctly, I don’t think I’m understanding the issue from the description.
Mine is doing the opposite. The probes are junk.
In my experience the Neptune pH probes are quite good and useful, probably the most useful single metric to follow. Sometimes they will slowly (months) drift but usually they don’t, and when I recalibrate it works fine (haven’t done in several months though).

If it’s reading very close to both calibration solutions when you just put it in, it sounds like it doesn’t need calibration to me.

As far as not calibrating correctly, I don’t think I’m understanding the issue from the description.

In my experience the Neptune pH probes are quite good and useful, probably the most useful single metric to follow. Sometimes they will slowly (months) drift but usually they don’t, and when I recalibrate it works fine (haven’t done in several months though).
At the higher end it matches for sure. If I attempt again and it gets me to within .1 I’ll live-but it is frustrating.

Back