Photos from Steinhart Aquarium trip

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by HiFidelity, Nov 15, 2015.

1. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Post your pics here if you feel like adding to my small album, enjoy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

Jay Lee and Baykes like this.
  2. Baykes

Baykes Webmaster

Thanks for sharing! I think that the first alligator pic is my favorite, he is all like "Ahhh this is the liiife:D" And man those protein skimmers are HUGE:eek:!

3. jonmos75

jonmos75 Supporting Member

I posted this in the Original Post:

Here is a link to my google drive of all the pictures that we took as there are 121 photos....lol

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Super cool pictures everyone!

Fidel I wish I could take pics like that! Indoor lowlight photography, a whole new unexplored field for me.

5. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Awesome! Really wish I could have made it. I almost find the behind the scenes stuff cooler than the tanks themselves. I have done the behind the scenes tour at the Mall of America tank, and at Georgia Aquarium.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6. humu

humu Guest

Morton salt? LOL.

7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Yeah Humu.

They actually make their own salt mix and add each chemical themselves: Calcium, carbonates, bicarbonates, magnesium, trace elements , etc.

8. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Hi guys and thanks for the comments :)

Mike, low light is not difficult if you have a camera that is capable of ridiculous ISO haha I think I shot some of my pics at 3200 ISO and addressed noise in post.

I too found it very interesting that they have local salt trucked in. Also the other interesting thing I had a convo with Matt about was their water filtration, they do not use RO or DI yet with good results. Considering that they have a full time staff member strictly testing water all day I feel better about venturing into the non-RO/DI world soon haha (we had a whole topic on that a few months ago).

OMG Claude is so awesome, he's basically the laziest alligator around haha. He's simply lounging with a smile on his face, I had to make the shot dark and grim looking to make him look somewhat sinister but I still failed to convey that hahahaha.
    The morning group, did Mat share with you the story about being elbow deep in Claude's mouth? we had a good laugh with that one.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Morton eh... I knew we're just being lied to by the aquarium industry! Morton's salt is cheap!!! :D

10. jonmos75

jonmos75 Supporting Member

Yes the morning group got the story of Matt having his some down the throat of Claude.... Lol

Jon

HiFidelity likes this.
  11. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

That was a great tour! Thanks for posting photos. Also thanks for setting up the day!

HiFidelity likes this.
  12. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

My wife surprised me a while back with the behind the scenes tour. It was pretty awesome. That's some major plumbing they've got in there.