Jestersix

PIF-Bella goby if you have a big tank and a fish trap!

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Hello all-
I purchased a Bella goby last week from AC. He is a good boi but he is way too efficient for my tank (54 gal DT) and I am afraid he will starve himself soon. It is prob 4-5 in long and needs to be in an established 125+ gallon tank minimum.

I have tried to get him out twice to no avail as he just goes and hides in a rock.

So if anyone has a tank as described and a fish trap and you are willing to come to Oakland -it’s yours. Sooner the better!

For those who aren't aware - Bella gobies are fantastic sand sifters, but less psychotic about it than gold head and diamond gobies. Great addition if your tank is big enough!

For those who aren't aware - Bella gobies are fantastic sand sifters, but less psychotic about it than gold head and diamond gobies. Great addition if your tank is big enough!
Do they bury corals with sand? I'd be all for homing this in my 225 but I keep some high end shrooms on the sand bed.

Do they bury corals with sand? I'd be all for homing this in my 225 but I keep some high end shrooms on the sand bed.
They kick sand around everywhere, but not as much as diamond gobies. I've still had to blow sand off rock near the sand bed where my gonis are, but I've never had a coral buried

Back