got ethical husbandry?

Pink Monti cap

I have one frag of this pink monti cap if anyone is interested, easy to care for, turned from the color in picture 1 to the color in picture 2 under a 150w Sunpod.

Original color:
monti.JPG

Under my lights color:
DSC03753.JPG

Can make more frags if there is any interest.

• BAR member
• Pickup at the December meeting or at my place in the city
• In case there is much interest, pick a number 1-10
• Put 2 more of these into DBTC before selling
• If my tank shits the bed think about giving me a frag

Thanks all!

Quite pretty...If no one else wants it, I'd like to try. do you think it will be ok in a 12 gal 70 watt 10,000K mh, on top?

Hi Jay. I'll take the other frag. I would like to go to the Dec meet, but I am not sure yet. Where abouts in SF are you?

BTW, this will be the frag I take from DBTC.

Update. It has changed to an apricot color. Perhaps because it is not flat/facing the light? I can see the polyps though. I was so excited to see them. They are really small.

IMGP4164.jpg

Woohoo!!! My first DBTC offering update!! Thanks Lyn!

Anywho, I have it up super high in my tank probably about 5" away from a 150w MH, looks like some good growth on the edge there. Thanks for the update!!!

Hi Jay,

I like the apricot/peachy color, but I really did love your pink though. Maybe I'll try facing it upwards, although it makes viewing it a bit harder.

I got another monti from Roc that I thought was the same as yours, and almost gave one away. But Rocs has darkened into a deep blood-red with dark polyps. Now I'm glad I kept them both. ;)

Back