Pipe Organ

Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by bondolo, Feb 15, 2015.

statistics
Pipe Organ
Chain Started on:
02/15/2015
Latest Updated on:
02/15/2015
Chain Length:
0 days
Most Generous Donors:
Most Single Donations:
Number of Transactions:
Currently Growing:
Currently Available:
Currently Failures:
Currently Unknown:
    • bondolo
      bondolo
      02/15/2015
      1. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I have a chunk of pipe organ coral I need to break up. It has outgrown it's allotted space. Depending on how it cleaves I should have 1-2 baseball sized chunks and possibly some smaller.

Tank has a resident population of red planarians (which I have given up trying to kill). Dipping is highly recommended.

Pickup at my home in north Berkeley, my office in Sunnyvale or at a club meeting.

2. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Flatworm exit works well against red planaria, also a six line wrasse. Have you tried the salifert brand?

I also recommend siphoning or using a turkey baster to suck out surviving flatworms if you see them on the glass. You might be selecting for super resistant flatworms by letting the survivors survive after dosing.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
      3. bondolo

Yep. It got most of them but they were back in a couple of weeks. I tried for 3 or 4 months before deciding they didn't bother me enough to continue. I've never had an explosion in the population and they are generally harmless. I've considered getting a six-line for the next wrasse in that tank. Neither pastel green wrasse nor yellow wrasse showed any interest in them.

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I'm somewhat interested in this coral. Do they have a green center with white tentacles?

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I am interested.

6. gaberosenfield

gaberosenfield Juvenile Chromis over an Acro in the Red Sea

I am interested as well. My tank is SPS focused, so it will be nice to add a little movement in the lower flow spots.

7. bondolo

[​IMG]

It looks more like this. The green tinge is very slight. It is mostly yellow.

8. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

bondolo likes this.
      9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I need to plan a time to pick one of these up of it's still available?

10. bondolo

It is. I have three chunks of various sizes.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Nice! I'll hit you up in a week or two when the baby stuff calms down

12. bondolo

So, 18 years or so? :p One chunk took a serious hit by being landed upon by a hydnophora. It appears it will only partially survive.