Cali Kid Corals

Please take these snails!

I feel stupid, but I ordered some snails, and these aren’t what I expected. They’re straight from Violet, and have never been in my tank. I would reaaallly appreciate someone giving them a home!
4363FBD1-1D80-48AB-BE73-AA053B1C5657.jpeg

They’re Nassarius, ninja star, and something larger that I’m not sure about, I think it was a freebie of some sort. I’m in SF.

For a small 10 gallon tank, it seems like a lot of them, and they’re kind of big. (I’m keeping the bumblebees and a couple of ninja stars). And honestly, I feel really embarrassed to admit, the large ones seem kind of gross.

Hi @Anna P,
It's nice of you to PIF.
Why don't you like these types of snails? What kind were you looking for?
Oops, started replying below. I wanted bumblebees and nassarius, but the nassarius aren’t quite what I thought. The ninja stars I didn’t order. They seem very useful, but I don’t think I need many? The big ones are ick, and I don’t know what they are. I suppose if I knew their benefits I might get over it.

Oops, started replying below. I wanted bumblebees and nassarius, but the nassarius aren’t quite what I thought. The ninja stars I didn’t order. They seem very useful, but I don’t think I need many? The big ones are ick, and I don’t know what they are. I suppose if I knew their benefits I might get over it.
There's a few types of nassarius in the hobby: The ones you probably wanted are under a centimeter, white/gray shelled (Nassarius vibex). There's also ones that are about 3-4 cm with a smooth shell (Nassarius distortus) from Tonga, then some brownish ones like the ones you got about the same size that could possibly be whelks. Plus lots of other species that might come in randomly. The first two I've kept with zero issues.

There's a few types of nassarius in the hobby: The ones you probably wanted are under a centimeter, white/gray shelled (Nassarius vibex). There's also ones that are about 3-4 cm with a smooth shell (Nassarius distortus) from Tonga, then some brownish ones like the ones you got about the same size that could possibly be whelks. Plus lots of other species that might come in randomly. The first two I've kept with zero issues.
Oh, that makes sense! Yes, those are the nassarius I wanted.

Back