Reef nutrition

Powerhead recommendation

[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=4774.msg58033#msg58033 date=1223530786]
What powerhead would you all recommend for a roughly 30-40 gallon cube tank?
Besides a EcoTech Vortech :)

[/quote]

why not a vortech? you'd only need one (or two) and it would be fantastic. no heat transfer either =) talk to Ibn (eric), he'll tell you all about having a gigantic vortech in a small (very small) tank.

Depending on how much flow you want a few Koralia 1s, or a couple of 3s, the 2s are the same as the 3s with smaller props, so you might as well go with the big ones. My tank has a 36"X18" footprint, I use 2 K1s pushing directly into my colonies, and a closed loop + return off the back of the tank pushing ~1200gph.

I'd love to have a Vortech as well, but am in your situation, and cannot justify spending that kind of money right now, I will later though ;)

If I can find a used Vortech MP20, I will get it ...
Otherwise I am thinking of going for a Tunze Turbelle 6060

I plan to keep mainly a couple SPS and possibly some LPS. I am thinking of going barebottom.

If you buy a used MP20 it'll most likely cost the same as a new one, they don't depreciate in value very quickly, and you'll be hard pressed to find someone so desperate to sell one he just bought (they only recently came out) that he'd sell it for a large loss.

Holy schmoly Elite! THANKS
Question though ... does the MP40 also have a controller that allows you to control the flow rate? Also, does the MP40 have different flow modes?
What exactly is the difference between the MP40 and the MP40W?

Back