Cali Kid Corals

PSA it’s that time of year again…

Chromis

Supporting Member
When corals shift from the tight temp control they got used to over the winter to mid day temp spikes due to the warming weather. This is the time people start seeing issues, so please keep an eye on those tank temps and add fans/leave the AC on while you’re gone for the day as necessary! Every year someone loses a fish or coral because they didn’t realize they need to leave the AC on while they’re at work or add a fan to their aquarium.

My glass lidded planted tank's inkbird has alarmed several times and I keep my AC from 78-82. Invest $15 in a clip on fan and save your livestock!

I've been shocked at how great the fan is at keeping temps down for me. My frag tank is in my office area that's basically a shed attached to my garage. No insulation. Full sun. It usually gets 10°+ hotter than outside. It was high 90s in there last year when it was high 80s.

Having the tank in there, with my fan on high attached to a controller, this week when it was really warm my tank was held at 79° without issue. I didn't get a temp in the room, but it was very hot.

The power of state changes and physics. Amazing stuff.

Great reminder. I should order a second fan to go on my main tank.

Back