Cali Kid Corals

Pump for Phos Reactor

Hello - I'm looking to buy the Phosban Reactor 150 and was wondering what's a good pump for it. Also, is anyone using ROWAphos and how do you like this product? Thank you.

Recommended flow rate: 20-30 gph for 130 grams PhosBan, 30-40 gph for 200 grams.

Edit: Not sure what the flow rate of the pump is... :(

Recommended flow rate: 20-30 gph for 130 grams PhosBan, 30-40 gph for 200 grams.

Edit: Not sure what the flow rate of the pump is...

Cits - Yes...I wish they published applicable pumps.

Natterjack - Where did you get the minijet from?

Raddoggz - The specs for MJ400 is already 106 gph. The MJ900 is not too pwerful? Thanks for the info on the ROVAphos. Are you using wool layers or a sock as they reccommend?

Thanks everybody!

I use a minijet 606 with mine. But then again i run it in series with a carbon reactor. The 404 should be fine for your app. Just set the speed so the top part of the media looks like it's gently dancing up and down. Too much flow may crush the media and leach into your system. I believe the unit should come with a small ball valve to help adjust the flow. good luck with that.

CheckRAZR - I think I have mine set for full flow, and I just use the flow control knob that comes with the Phosban reactor to throttle it back.

LOL - I'm only planning on going a short distance into my sump. SO now it's a toss up between the minijet or MJ400. Oh - Do you guys also use wool layers or a sock for the media you've chosen? The ROWAphos recommends this. Thanks again to everyone for your input. :)

Back