Reef nutrition

Pump suggestions for skimmer

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Ok, I'm out of salt, so I figure I'll replace the skimmer pump on my ghetto fabulous skimmer since it died (Coralife 220... but it's on a softie tank so I'm not terribly concerned)...

Anyways, I thought I could use any pump I have lying around, but then I realized none of them have any sort of venturi hole to hook up tubing... so I'm wondering what would be some adequate pumps that would fit the bill (basically which ones have a venturi)? MaxiJets? Anything else? Or is it a matter of me making a venturi hole?

It doesn't need to be super special, but it is working on a 120g tank, so a little Rio 600 won't cut it. Oh yah, if it's not too much trouble, something that DF&S has, since I'll be ordering salt buckets anyways :D

Why don't you order a replacement pump or replacement magnet - might be cheaper.

The venturi outlet is just one aspect of it but can be modded if you have enough patience to drill, cut the acrylic tubing and such. The impeller (assuming it's a needle-wheel) is the other half of the puzzle.

I thought about that, but I'm unsure what Chinese made generic pump it is, I;m sure it would be cheaper.

It is a needle wheel too, but for now something is better than nothing.

Back