Our mission

Quick question about levels…

First of all Merry Chris everyone!
So I just started setting up the tank… but I just saw that the water level it’s a little bit off.

There isn’t any pressure points, or weird things under it. Just the water level.

I know that pressure points are a big NO… but what about the leveling of it?

Any problems with that?

Thanks everyone!

BB96894F-BD25-440B-81D5-4E8199449C34.jpeg
image.jpg

A lot of people will tell you that it needs to be perfectly level because over time there are stresses that can cause it to prematurely leak. I’m not so sure that’s true. The amount that yours is out of level wouldn’t bother me in a way that I would fear it leaking but it would bother me to see it out of level every time I walked past it and saw it that way.

A lot of people will tell you that it needs to be perfectly level because over time there are stresses that can cause it to prematurely leak. I’m not so sure that’s true. The amount that yours is out of level wouldn’t bother me in a way that I would fear it leaking but it would bother me to see it out of level every time I walked past it and saw it that way.
Got it… the out of level is more evident on the side (which is pretty much hidden), so it would not bother me (I think).
I just don’t want to take everything apart, or build a stand) for nothing.

Thank you for your input bro!

How structurally strong is the cabinet? If you’re just setting it up, you can Sharpie a level line and measure the difference; cut a piece of that thickness and place it along the entire length of the back to bring it to a level.

How structurally strong is the cabinet? If you’re just setting it up, you can Sharpie a level line and measure the difference; cut a piece of that thickness and place it along the entire length of the back to bring it to a level.
It’s actually very strong. I just moved to a new house in south San Francisco, and it has this specials that is but into the wall.
It’s kinda the perfect built in stand lol.
That’s a good idea.
image.jpg

It is sturdy enough… I was just checking this morning and even the lower part is also out of level, I guess the whole thing was built just to have the space.
So if I am really going for perfect level I will ah e to put in some more work lol…

Still deciding hehehe

Take the time to do it right and do it once. I guarantee if you don't, you'll be kicking yourself as to why you didn't. Don't ask me how I know

Back