Reef nutrition

Qwiv's Tri-color

I received a frag of tri-color from Qwiv (Jeff) a bout 1.5 years ago, it grows very thick, borderline tabling. It has a brown body with purple tips and yellow polyps, your canary in the coal mine for coral pests!

2332818385_79e20594d0_o.jpg

This thread has been started for tracking purposes, more frags will available soon.

1. Hooked
2. Lordhelmet

Sweet. A coral with my name on it!!
I'll add a frag to, for anyone that wants one. That small nub left behind from our trade grew into a lil colony.

PS, it is from the Marshall Islands if anyone cares.

That coral looks very nice!

"Canary in the coal mine for coral pests". Does that mean it is hard to keep? If it is not then I would be interested. Trying to stay away from the "hard to keep" ones.

[quote author=Qwiv link=topic=3332.msg41196#msg41196 date=1208751557]
Sweet. A coral with my name on it!!
I'll add a frag to, for anyone that wants one. That small nub left behind from our trade grew into a lil colony.

PS, it is from the Marshall Islands if anyone cares.[/quote]

Usually I'd say start a new thread but since this one is named after you I'll make an exception :)

[quote author=alve link=topic=3332.msg41203#msg41203 date=1208753319]
That coral looks very nice!

"Canary in the coal mine for coral pests". Does that mean it is hard to keep? If it is not then I would be interested. Trying to stay away from the "hard to keep" ones.
[/quote]It's real easy, if you have any coral pests they will munch on this guy first.[quote author=Qwiv link=topic=3332.msg41232#msg41232 date=1208791284]
oops.. I don't want to mess up the chains.
[/quote]

Nah, no messing with chains, I got it from you, it's confirmed their same coral it's all good.

BTW, the colony is bigger than a baseball now!

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=3332.msg41255#msg41255 date=1208807111]
i would be interested in a frag at the next meeting in june if thats ok.
[/quote]I don't see why I couldn't snip you a piece

Second gen please. If this is the ORA Marshall island tricolor, I lost mine. Redbugs got it a while back, before I knew how to spot it.

Ian it's not the ORA to my knowledge, I have both and Qwiv tricolor is much thicker, not as branchy as the ORA. If you want a frag of the ORA, I'll let you know when I throw some into the DBTC ;)

This was not sold to me with an ORA name on it. I got it at Dolphin and Tyler normally lists all the stuff from ORA.

PS, I gave alve a piece if you want to track that at all.

Yeah, Tyler is good about marking things so if it's not stated as an ORA in his tank, then it wouldn't be one.

Mine has started to shift almost solid purple, when I can I'll try and get a good shot of it. If you are looking for a nice tri color that is super hardy grab one from Mike.

Back