got ethical husbandry?

Radion owners...missing screws xr15 pro?

nanoguy

Supporting Member
My xr15 order along with the x bracket came in yesterday and noticed neither packages had attachment screws for the x bracket. Does ecotech just not include them or am I just missing them from my package?

Are you talking about the four screws mount the bracket to the light? If yes, I believe you will reuse the four screws already on the light. The screw size is 10-32. I have some black 10-30 that I been use since gen1.

M5 screw actually, 10-32 is close but not exact, a 10-32 screw will fit in an M5 thread, but an M5 will not fit in a 10-32 thread. And if you're mounting a $500 light, I'd just spend the extra 14 cents and get M5 screws.

I don't recall seeing any screws on the unit itself that would be used for the x bracket. The light did come with the 4 screws for hanging the unit. I'll dig around to see if I have any M5's in the tool box. That's pretty lame of ecotech not to include them with the bracket...not like these units are all that cheap.

same thing happened x2 for me. I emailed ecotech and they overnighted to the screws. Really weird that they don’t come with the bracket. I had to do this on 2 occasions.

Found some in the tool box that seems to work well with the bracket. For reference, it's a M5x8mm

Attachments

• M5 Screw.jpeg
    M5 Screw.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 93
There’s two options for buying the X brackets for the Gen 5 that will or will not include screws. Big difference in price for four M5x8mm screws.
A0FA9D0C-D244-4DCD-A3B1-F039C6BC48CA.jpeg
47EA12D6-ED8D-4A4F-AFAC-182CDC4901B9.jpeg

Side note, M5x12mm are the longer screws need for Reefbrites.

I bought this screw pack in case anyone needs them:

cSeao 570pcs Flat Phillips Countersunk Head M3 M4 M5 Black Screws Hex Nuts Assortment Kit Carbon Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VM5N5F...t_i_3AEBNMQ2R99TJE4QJ0ER?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

There’s two options for buying the X brackets for the Gen 5 that will or will not include screws. Big difference in price for four M5x8mm screws.
Interesting. I ordered two, on separate occasions, of the package that "includes mounting hardware" without receiving the screws to connect the bracket to the light. The most recent purchase, without screws, was a few months ago. Hopefully they have since included the 30 cents of worth of screws. Sure you could go to a hardware store Hillman section and find what you need... but that is annoying.

Ecotech immediatly sent me what I needed and also included every other screw needed for any of their G5 hardware.

Back