Neptune Aquatics

Recommendations on heater

Well, I need to replace one of my heaters, and this time I would like to get a good one. I don't mind paying more if I know that it is reliable and accurate. Any suggestions?

Great! Good to know. I think I've seen the Ebo Jager mentioned in the past on other forums, so this is good confirmation. Thanks!

I have Jebo/eheim heater and they are not realiable to me. I tried to calibrate it and it's still not working right. Get a controller for your tank. Save a lot of headache.. This is JMO.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I actually do have a controller, but my current heater is not staying on when it should. during the day it's not a problem as my nano is kept plenty warm by the MH lights. At night the temp is dropping 2-3 degrees.

I also have a controller. (it's a Ranco ETC). I keep the thermostat that's built into the heater set just a few degrees higher as a failsafe and let the controller run things normally.

So far I am seeing most people giving the thumbs up to Ebo Jagers on this and other forums. So I think this is the heater for me. Thanks everyone!

Ebo Jagers are no longer made.. They are currently being produced by eheim.. You can buy Jagers, thats all there are anymore of..

IF you can find an Otto they are the best heaters I've ever used in teh last 25 years.. I'm not sure if they make complete units anymore. THey only make the controller portion that you add to your own element..

Back