Recommending a Super Glue Gen in a bottle

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Julius Chen, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Julius Chen

Julius Chen Supporting Member

I have been using IC-gel in a tube to glue frag plugs to live rocks. The tube is messy, as mine leaked at its belly eventually.

Like to buy gel super blue in a plastic bottle instead. HomeDepot has Gorilla and Loctite brands, but I am not sure if they contain other addictives that maybe halmful to my tank.

Any recommendations?

2. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

I've used the loctite gel with great success as any aquarium grade super glue

3. RandyC

RandyC Guest

I use super glue gel from the 99 cent stores. Two tubes for $1. Haven't had any problems to date.

I have also used gorilla glue and locate with no problems either. Just didn't think it was worth the mark up.

4. Julius Chen

Julius Chen Supporting Member

Also looking for good epoxy sticks. Amazon has mixed reviews for a few brands.

Any recommendations?

5. RandyC

RandyC Guest

I've used JB waterweld. No ill effects. Makes your skimmer go crazy though for a little bit.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

I like Two little fishies "Coralaffix." I also use their reef epoxy. Not always consistent, but usually works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

I use BRS extra thick super glue. Comes in tubes and in a 10oz bottle. Great value.

8. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I somehow managed to kill that bottle too. I try to close it fairly tight but each use i have to use a paperclip to poke the hole open.

9. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Keep it in the fridge, it helps with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California_Reef_Co likes this.
  10. I have reef cement and tlf corafix glue in stock. Medium bottle is $20 large is $50, reef cement is $25