Cali Kid Corals

Red Clam?

mx1.jpg

I have never heard of a red clam, the chap said it is a Vietnamese aquaculture.

Looking around, another post had said there was a lighter red one with blue spots but I can't find anything even close. If it is aquaculture, then in theory there could be more coming.

Anyone have pics or links to interesting reef clams? A portion of the tank will have plenty of space for clams to grow wicked big.

That certainly looks more red then brown, and it doesn't look like it has been tweaked after judging from the egg crate. Maybe someone that knows more about pictures could chime in?

Also would love to see something like this one...

1187965997_6857.jpg

h20player101 said:
That certainly looks more red then brown, and it doesn't look like it has been tweaked after judging from the egg crate. Maybe someone that knows more about pictures could chime in?

Also would love to see something like this one...

1187965997_6857.jpg

Looks more pink to me then anything. It also doesn't look at all like the "red" one you showed earlier... kinda apples to oranges comparison. :)

They pink one is insane. The "red" one is hardly anything special to me

I wasn't comparing, that is why I wrote "Also would love to see something like this one..." Do you think the color is natural or lighting + camera + photoshop?

I am interesting in any different looking clams, like...

Tuamotu-black-maxima-clam.jpg

or

DSCN3449.jpg

Yah the last derasa is a common morph.

I think if you position a camera just right, you can get brown to shift to numerous colors.

That would make sense, just looked at the eggcrate for white balance and there was a dream. :)

The ORA clams are very nice, it is great that they are so readily available.

Back